PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Big Wheel Stocker Turbo

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2015, 09:12 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Big Wheel Stocker Turbo

Anyone have any experience with a big wheel stocker turbo upgrade? AGP has a few of them just under $500 and it seems they are essentially a bolt on plus a tune. Tried looking a bit for info on the forums and didn't see much. Any opinions?
Old 14 Jul 2015, 09:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Big Wheel Stocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinPurplePeopleEater View Post
Anyone have any experience with a big wheel stocker turbo upgrade? AGP has a few of them just under $500 and it seems they are essentially a bolt on plus a tune. Tried looking a bit for info on the forums and didn't see much. Any opinions?
Talk to Nitro. He has one and has dealt with some past members on these. He can give you some real info on what you can expect. There is some internet postings on this and are all over the map and being regurgitated by some but first hand conversations with those who have been involved in it will be more realistic.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 14 Jul 2015, 09:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

He has my number...I will expect the call

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 29 Jul 2015, 03:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

A late update, spoke with the godfather Nitro about it and learned quite a bit. I'm looking at getting a Raven Works BWS as their shop is just a city over. Just trying to get my hands on a turbo core now so I can get it modified without taking my PT out if commission.
Busted_PT and NitroPT like this.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 04:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Plenty of options out there considering the SRT-4 guys use the same TD04 the PT uses.

I had a TD04 16G wheel with modified elbow on the exhaust manifold, 2" o2 housing, and catless downpipe and that thing hauled like a raped ape.

Make sure you've got the fuel to support the tune+big turbo. I know '03 models have the smaller pink injectors versus '04+ 577cc black injectors.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 05:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinPurplePeopleEater View Post
Kawi is the man worth listening to. And there's much more info like his from guys that actually race this engine on the SRT4 forum.
myckee likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 31 Jul 2015 at 05:07 pm.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 06:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hmm......... funny I wonder what it is called 3 Wednesdays out of the month when I am running my PT 1320 Sacramento raceway???
In fact I hurt my pass. drive axle just the other night during a tire warm up.

Personally if you look at the compressor maps some information posted by so called experience individuals on other forums does not really ring true?

Mr FlyinPurplePeopleEater Do your self a favor call before you spend money that you may not be happy with the end result.
Performance Techniques - Turbo, Turbos, and Turbochargers - For all your turbo needs!

Most all the modified exhaust manifold were done incorrectly over the years and many presently. I said most. Unless someone can show me a picture well......

I was not aware that anyone has ever posted injector scaling calibration tables from the early pink version injectors to the 577cc injectors?

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 31 Jul 2015 at 06:24 pm.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 08:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Hmm......... funny I wonder what it is called 3 Wednesdays out of the month when I am running my PT 1320 Sacramento raceway???
In fact I hurt my pass. drive axle just the other night during a tire warm up.

Personally if you look at the compressor maps some information posted by so called experience individuals on other forums does not really ring true?

Mr FlyinPurplePeopleEater Do your self a favor call before you spend money that you may not be happy with the end result.
Performance Techniques - Turbo, Turbos, and Turbochargers - For all your turbo needs!

Most all the modified exhaust manifold were done incorrectly over the years and many presently. I said most. Unless someone can show me a picture well......

I was not aware that anyone has ever posted injector scaling calibration tables from the early pink version injectors to the 577cc injectors?
Prior to upgrading to what some would call "Stage 1" injectors (because it's what an '03 S1 kit consisted of), I pushed the 527cc pink injectors and I had fueling issues on the bigger wheel stocker.

I never ran an E85 or E30 blend because I didn't have to; no knock so at that point I knew octane wasn't the issue. I was able to get the fuel I needed (can't recall what boost spiked at or tapered off at) when I swapped to 577cc black (with blue/brown o-ring) and composite intake manifold.

I didn't send these injectors to get tested to know what they flow at @ any given rate so I can't give you any technical specs but that was my experience with my old '03 PT GT.

Experiences may differ so you could take what I said with a grain of salt but I've already been down that road and know what to consider if I went down that road again with a PT.

As for a modified exhaust manifold well....that all depends on where you went to get the work done. Mine was on for over a year and I never had issues with cracking/etc. Not saying it would outlast the car but during the time I had it, no issues at all.

With a bigger wheel stocker, or bigger turbo in general, you're going to break parts. 400+lb/torque on a FWD car is unnecessary......but fun

I'm having to replace my oil feed line on the Focus ST after so many datalog pulls/etc.
Handy_Cruiser and myckee like this.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 11:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Ok so you never calbrated the PCM for the injector changes. Or never recalbrated for the smaller ones?

You dont recall what your boost was, never mentioned having to changs to 3bar sensors , No better fuel pump?

And you never looked down inside you modified exhaust manifold?
I never mentioned anything about cracks and still not!

And you installed a intake that flows less.

I would guess it was more the exhaust upgrades that helped over the other parts?

You didnt get knocking but you have no info on what your knock sensor voltage was? You may have still been within working limits?
how about IATs ?

You did a well written response and even got a like from handy.

I think the FlyinPuleterEater knows what he should do?

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 01 Aug 2015 at 12:22 am.
Old 01 Aug 2015, 11:11 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Ok so you never calbrated the PCM for the injector changes. Or never recalbrated for the smaller ones?

You dont recall what your boost was, never mentioned having to changs to 3bar sensors , No better fuel pump?

And you never looked down inside you modified exhaust manifold?
I never mentioned anything about cracks and still not!

And you installed a intake that flows less.

I would guess it was more the exhaust upgrades that helped over the other parts?

You didnt get knocking but you have no info on what your knock sensor voltage was? You may have still been within working limits?
how about IATs ?

You did a well written response and even got a like from handy.

I think the FlyinPuleterEater knows what he should do?
I did get a rescale for the injectors through Nigel with the use of a Diablosport predator tuner.

I don't recall boost because I went through a stocker and big wheel stocker. I did have 3 bar MAP and TIP sensors though I don't know if you recall me selling that stuff off when I got rid of the PT? I had more mods than I listed in the above posts.

As for the exhaust manifold I only mentioned cracks because that was a common issue even on stock vehicles.

I went with the composite intake manifold for 2 reasons; it's lighter and wouldn't heat soak as much as the '05+ IM.

Exhaust helps any turbo car; the stock exhaust is one of the biggest inhibitors on the PT GT or any car for that matter.

As for not recalling the rest of the information, you're talking about a car I owned over 5 years ago. Since then I've had multiple toys with my latest being this FoST which by the way, if you ever deal with ATP Turbo, you'll find they have the best customer service anyone could offer.

I enjoy my "like"s by the way, it's the water to my tree which I call my ego

If he calls you, good for you. I'm no master tech, I was just here to share my experience
NitroPT likes this.