Advertisements
Syked Stage 1 and 2

Like Tree16Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Aug 2015, 06:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Syked Stage 1 and 2

Just wondering if anybody here has used the Syked Stage 1 or 2 and what people have to say about them. I read somewhere that the stock turbo doesn't like anything over 20psi and wears out quicker at that boost?? Not looking for any kind of lecture just people's experience with Syked performance. Thanks.
Old 09 Aug 2015, 09:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Syked Stage 1 and 2

Forum member, Myckee, is using at least one Syked PCM right now. You should ask him. Plus you can call Kevin Sykes and talk to him about it.
myckee likes this.
Old 09 Aug 2015, 10:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yup, I have a syked stage 1 installed, but to be honest, I haven't driven the car yet. I bought a second PT with an original Mopar stage 1, and that's the car I have been driving. I have been meaning to swap in the syked ecu along with the key and skim and give it a test, but so far I have been doing other stuff.

I have verified the stage 1 programming and even connected my Diablosport Intune with no problems, but I haven't driven it yet.

As far as getting what you pay for? Absolutely! I actually have used him twice and have 2 copies of his stage 1 programming on 2 separate ecus, just because I like having backups. Both times he has delivered the goods. Thumbs up from me!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 09 Aug 2015, 11:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome back to the forum...

In order to varifi any programing there must be pre and post PCM data logging.
You can not compare butt dyno results even if a back to back comparison is done between PCMs.

I did (no longer at this time) ECU/EFI Performance calabration and would always have the customer run an ECU entry data log befor I make any changes so they could read the cell that calabration changes were made.

Somewhere on this forum I have posted a few of those informational pictures showing a ECU cell configuration.

No one on this forum has done any shared data logging to show any varification of anything even a Stage 1 cloned PCM reflash. You can varify this through Keven at Skyed.

My advise is to go to neon SRT forums and look up *information concerning PCM calabrating and also talk directly to Kevin.

The limitation is 18psi without changing other parts besides any PCM calabrations.
It is your money.....

*The better and more current PCM calabration investment is a Diablosport tuning tool. Which Skyed does have the copibility to use it to calabrate your PCM. Even the generic calabrations offered in the Diablosport are better then an out dated and long discountinued Mopar Stage 1 PCM.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 10 Aug 2015 at 12:47 am.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 08:31 am
Senior Cruiser

I guess some members have problems with even a simple request of no lecturing, experiences eith Syked only.

TangerineDream76 has used Syked Performance and has a Syked stage 1 too. He has even posted dyno sheets showing the improvement on page 3 in his thread HERE.

As far as the Diablosport generic tunes being better than a stage 1 ecu, I haven't seen any empirical evidence of that posted here on the forum.

Here is some food for thought: We all know how easy it is to fudge up our dektop and laptop computers when installing even the simplest of programs. Why would the car's computer be any different? The Diablosport devices, at least both InTunes I have tried, are very finicky! Often if you do not press the button just at the right time the programming will fail and you are praying your ecu hasn't been screwed up while it removes whatever it had done to your ecu in the first place. Then you will try again and keep your fingers crossed that it will work. Using the DS is not a confidence inspiring action to say the least, and I am sure a google search will provide many reports of fudged up ecu's in relation to using a DS device. If you have a second ecu with your stage 1 programming, at least if you fudge it up with a DS, you still can toss in the original and enjoy your car.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 08:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Mike did you not even read the first thread?? LOL
'Did todd really den to respond? Corrected for the reading impaired. The word was suppose to be "NEED". Most members could have figured it out without mentioning it?
Point your better then thou finger elsewhere.

Mike you are funny pleae show me even with your UG that the timing tables wheer changed.

Other wise you are speaking form the other end of your body close to what we call a butt dyno!

Like I said call and talk to Keven at Skyed or Diablosport about what I mentioned in this thread other wise mike your response is IMHO ...

Maybe you wont call because the truth hurts that butt dyno but other really should other wise I guess it seems like another few members not getting along> you and todd that really have very little ECU calibration or what is called "tuning" experience and me well I am still an armature only having done it for about 4-5 year..toot toot their goes my horn or as another describes it "chest thumping. I still having trouble why when a member has experience in something it is called one of the those two things . LOL

response copied in case of editing without permission.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 10 Aug 2015 at 10:04 am. Reason: Corrected for the reading impaired. The word was suppose to be "NEED". Most members could have figured it out without mentioning it?
Old 10 Aug 2015, 09:14 am
Senior Cruiser

Lol I wouldn't rely on a 'butt dyno' I have 3 devices which would provide a drag strip simulation, which I would employ for the task. I have a G-tech Pro which will turn any straight stretch of road into a virtual 1/4 mile drag strip. My Scan gauge and Ultra Gauge also have similar apps inside. While not as accurate as a real drag strip; in my experience with the G-tech, they are very close. This would give me suitable data, before and after the install, to know whether I had a performance increase, or not.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 09:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Mike did you not even read the first thread?? LOL
'Did todd really den to respond?
Point your better then thou finger elsewhere
Lynn, I'm not sure what "den to respond" means. Is that one of those hippy "left cost" expressions?

Mike is the ONLY person in this thread so far that actually owns a Syked Stage 1 and he's given some good advice and identified some other members that have them. I'm not even sure Lynn is on good terms with Sykes Tuning at the moment. So let's not ruin this thread. Every thread doesn't need to end up with Lynn in an opinionated argument with everyone. Kumbaya, my friends...Kumbaya.
myckee likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 10 Aug 2015 at 09:25 am.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 09:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

OFF TOPIC mostly?

Todd todd todd you like using my name well here is yours a few times. For the future I am asking that you refer to me as my user name on this forum NitroPT.

Correcting people for grammar on a forum is considered universally to be an (ao).

You are ASSuming my relationship with Keven aka Skyed to be less than positive. You would be wrong. LOL wait again LOL
You should really keep to your own personal home business and not meddle in things you don't know and post on a forum Arkansas boy!(old man actually LOL)

You also have not one clue what I have used or worked with having to do with Slyed calibrations. My recommendation’s on this thread are experienced based and simply logical.
ED Peters and myself along with Keven have talked frequently this year.

I also said a few times to call Keven up personally and talk to him. Ask him about anything I have posted or invite him o to this thread.
I may do the same of both Ed Peters and Keven?

Handy_cruiser you know if you had kept your nose out of this thread I really would have let it go. Ask yourself . DID YOU REALLY NEED TO POST HERE? lol YOU DON'T THINK mykee IS CAPABLE OF READING AND WOULD HAVE MISSED THIS THREAD ?LOL

On topic.

mykee is very incorrect about how to use the Diablosport. If you do a PCM back up and have fat finger syndrome or do any procedure incorrectly you can ALWAYS upload the back up PCM file.

Caution you should have a fully charged battery before attempting ANY PCM calibration changes using the Diablosport.

If you doubt this information please contact Diablosport direct and talk with them. Please feel free to mention anything I have said having to do with their product in this thread.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 10 Aug 2015 at 10:08 am.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 10:05 am
Obsessed Cruiser

One person on this thread has driven a skied tune. Let me guess who
NitroPT likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Closed Thread