PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
looking for powerchip user opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2004, 12:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tallypt
Default looking for powerchip user opinions

With all of the talk concerning the stage II release or the lack thereof I was wanting to hear from anyone who has used the powerchip on their GT.
www.powerchipgroup.com
To date I have heard almost no chatter about it. I must admit that during the last little discussion I ran a little smack concerning it being untested or proven. If it has been by a member of the forum I am willing to listen. I have patiently sat on my money waiting for Stage II and am close to just spending it on what is available now

Hubert
Old 20 May 2004, 01:01 am
Veteran Cruiser

Actually, you can get pretty close to those numbers with Stage 1 and even higher numbers with an intake, downpipe w/high flow cat, better wastegate, 2 1/2" catback exhaust, Adam's UCP, mbc, etc. With the Stage 1 you also get larger injectors. With their chip you don't and it's more money than the Stage 1 and not Mopar engineered.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 20 May 2004, 10:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tallypt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mean Green

Actually, you can get pretty close to those numbers with Stage 1 and even higher numbers with an intake, downpipe w/high flow cat, better wastegate, 2 1/2" catback exhaust, Adam's UCP, mbc, etc....[8)]
I would agree, BUT if we can get higher hp and torque to start with and THEN add the grocery list of stuff why not. I know that the stage one has proven to be a good platform but there has been documented short falls. I guess my refined question would be does anyone have info. as to making the powerchip mod the basic platform and building from there. By the way, I have installed a CAI, messed w/ exhaust mods. and even tried some of the boosting mods. but have not gone crazy due to Mopar teasing me w/ stage II.
Old 20 May 2004, 05:19 pm
Young Cruiser

If this is similar to the SMT6 "Piggy Back" that the PSI-FI PowerPaq is based on then it might be worth looking into. PSI-FI licenses the technology from Perfect Power and adds customized fuel maps and other features to the SMT6 in order to produce the PowerPaq.

Thus it comes down to things like who's maps you like better (if you don't want to mess with tunning your own), available features, support, & price.

Aloha,
Mark
Old 20 May 2004, 07:25 pm
Regular Cruiser

I will be getting the Psi-Fi PowerPaq in two weeks. I live in NJ about 1.5 hrs from them. It will be $600 installed. I will post all of the details on the install and performance improvement.