Rare P304

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jan 2016, 08:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to erik_over
Unhappy Rare P304

Hello everyone, my name is Erik and I am a member of the Forum for a long time.
I want to share what happens to my convertible Pt.
It all started one day appeared the P0304 code, immediately without thinking change spark plug wires, spark plugs and check the coil. After a while he reappeared the fault and replace the coil. Another day while on a long trip, flashing check engine, that's where I panic.
I went with the mechanic and he check spark plugs, spark, coil and clean injectors; trust in him and after a few weeks reappeared code.
I made research and thought it might be the compression, but before trying that, I myself wanted to verify the resistance in ohms of the injectors and so I did.
Remove the intake manifold, the hose to the radiator and measured the resistance of the Injectors and wich was 12.9 and 13.0 ohms. Remove the injector rail to carry them in a laboratory clean and oh surprise!
in the hole of injector found this.

My theory is that thing that's observed is a fragment of gasket then I think that obstructs the flow of gas that triggers the injector, so occurs the misfire.

The thing is, I'm afraid to remove it, if a piece of that thing will go down to the chamber of combustión.rigth?
It is serious to fall within?
I wanted to share this in case someone happens something like
Sorry for my English.
Greetings from Guanajuato Mexico
Old 03 Jan 2016, 10:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rare P304

The best plan is simply to change the intake manifold gasket. It's actually not that hard to replace. And chances are, if there's a piece blocking the port injector, then the gasket is likely not properly in place anyway.

If you just decide to cut out the piece of gasket blocking the injector, it may fall into the intake port. That might end up keeping a valve from closing and this could cause several serious issues. But I've seen this before on other engines and nothing apparently bad happened. Again, if it was me, I would just replace the intake manifold gasket. That's the way to fix this right.
erik_over likes this.