Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar or Borla?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 May 2004, 08:39 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Mopar or Borla?

I know I'll get the one pipe guys & gals all worked up, but I was wondering if anyone out there knows what the difference, if any, between Borla's dual exhaust system and Mopar's ( built by Borla ) dual exhaust system. [:I] If anyone has either one, let me know what you think, ie: sound, power, looks. Also will the rear bumper have to be modified, or do the tips rest below? [8)]
Old 25 May 2004, 09:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have the Mopar exhaust and I am very happy with it. I like the sound of it throaty but not loud. As for power when I installed it my setup was stock and with the exhaust I was able to do 15.2 in the 1/4. This will help if you have stage 1 or better. The muffler is hidden up in the stock location and can not be seen from behind. Because of the second outlet you will need to cut the stock bumper, a template is provided and can be cut with a utility knife. Some people complain about the convoluted piping coming out of the muffler. This is done so the exhaust is equal coming out both tips. The second pipe does not cause problems with the spare.
Old 25 May 2004, 10:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

I agree with ksquared11. I had the BTG duals on my first GT, they were to loud for me. Got the Mopar duals on now and love them. No rice, tinny or can of bees sound. Mopars are throaty, sound is more like a V8. [8)]
04 GT Inferno Red Loaded, Mopar Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mopar Cabin Air Filter, Mopar BOV Kit, Blane Hood Struts, Strut Tower Brace, Kaiser Custom 17\" Wheels, Nankang Sport NS-1 225/45R17 Tires, Custom Decals, TYC Back-up Lights, LED Glow Lights in and out, Red Fuzzy Dice, Yet To Go; Mopar Stage-2 Turbo Kit, Mopar Stage-2 Suspension, Custom Paint.
Old 26 May 2004, 01:14 am
Regular Cruiser

I just had my Mopar dual exhaust installed last week. I really like the sound as everybody else mentioned plus I like the raspy burbling sound when decelerating. My PT GT engine is stock so I don't really notice any performance improvement. I also like the way the tips fit into my PTeazer Smoothie roll pan. I have my GT lowered 2+ inches and don't have any part of the exhaust hitting underneath which I had with my previous non-turbo lowered PT. I think you'like the Mopar duals alot.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|
Old 26 May 2004, 01:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Mopar = Bola. Just rebadged the Borla system. I like my duals a lot. 2.5" system. No rice, just a nice low sound.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 26 May 2004, 10:47 pm
Young Cruiser

purplept- did you have cut outs allready in your pteazer rollpan?
Old 26 May 2004, 11:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

I live in the Los Angeles County Area, so far haven't had problems with police pulling me over for excessive noise. To be honest, I rolled down my windows to hear the exhaust note for normal driving, it's not that loud. In fact, I think the interior noise make the exhaust sound louder than it really outputs.

You can still set off car alarms with the mopar exhaust too!
Old 26 May 2004, 11:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

I forgot to add, the dual look for the GT kinda makes it look stock. I would think that most non-PT owners couldn't tell if PT's came with a single or dual exhaust, a real plus to avoid unnecessary overzealous authorities in handing out fix-it tickets.