PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 GT Convertible - Mopar Peformance Parts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 May 2004, 08:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to MACE
Default 2005 GT Convertible - Mopar Peformance Parts?

Hi:

My GT (5-speed) covnvertible should be arriving at the dealer 1st week of June.

Looking at mopar.com and mopartsracing.com, I see part numbers for 2004 Mopar Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade and the Turbo Cat-Back Dual exhaust, but nothing listed for 2005.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a difference in the 2005 GT engine -vs- 2004 (Stage 1 injectors boosting HP to 220 stock?).

Will the listed 2004 part numbers fit my 2005? (ex: has Chyrsler changed the size and or location of the cats in re: to adding a cat-back exhaust? Is there some issue upgrading the 2005 PCM's to allow burning in the new 2005 VIN's)

For those lucky ones who already have your 2005 GT Convertibles, have you bought and installed any Mopar performance parts yet? If so, what part numbers do you have for the Stage 1 and cat-back dual exhaust mods?

Any regrets with the installs?

FWIW, I also plan on removing the silencer (any performance increase involved here?), thinking of installing Mopar's BOV conversion kit (again,besides the cool noise, any performance gains here), and keeping the stock airbox but with a K&N type filter (are there really any cold-air intakes that really promote cold air?), and installing down and up pipes (recommendations appreciated)

Thats about what I can do with my budget...anything from above I shouldn't do or replace with other mods (kinda thinking about the big picture and getting immediate bang for the buck with most HP/TQ increases)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
Old 26 May 2004, 11:29 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Both the 2004 and 2005 GT have the larger injectors which gives the engines a 220HP rating. I had STAGE 1 installed last week on my GT and the only part replaced was the PCM. The Mopar BOV also installed along with a Brand X (AMX1397) Turbo-Up Pipe. The BOV does not provide any performance gains to my Autostick (may prolong life of turbo???) but have heard a BOV enhances the performance of the 5-speed. By replacing the stock air box to turbo pipe (with silencer inside) your turbo will breath better (straight 3" pipe without silencer) so this would enhance performance, especially at WOT. All together--STAGE 1, BOV, and custom air box to turbo pipe--makes for a nice performance package upgrade, IMHO. Although I have only had mine for less than a week I DO LIKE IT and have no regrets about making these modifications. [8D]

Mopar Stage 1 PCM, Brand X turbo to air box pipe, stock air box with top
white silencer removed

Mopar BOV & Brand X (AMX1397) Turbo-Up Pipe
Old 26 May 2004, 11:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Gary:

Thanks for the feedback and very nice pics!

Just like you, I have a Dakota Quad Cab Sport pickup truck that I'm selling in order to get my 2005 GT Convertible.

Again pics look good. Also gonna go with the Brand X up pipe and keep the stock air-box with a K&N type filter and remove the silencer. Gonna install the BOV conversion kit as well as Mopar's Cat-Back Dual exhaust. Will sacrifice a little more flow for looks and sound (believe the dual exhaust is deeper sounding than single?)

Re: the 2005 S1 Turbo upgrade, wondering if DCX will lower the price if all you get is the PCM and upper-to-lower intake manifold gasket or will they upgrade to large size fuel injectors?

BTW, I'm looking for 205/45R17 Raised White Letter tire replacements. Can't find RWL tires to fit the 17 inch wheels at all...anyone got recommendations of where I get find these?

Again, thanks!
Old 27 May 2004, 01:46 am
Cool Cruiser

Hey Mace you may want ot try Adam's upcharge pipe instead of the AMX route, it has shown a 30 WHP increase on a S1 equiped car

AC
Old 27 May 2004, 05:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Mace, I agee with Neon. I had Adam install the UCP on mine in Candy Apple red. It fits just right with now clearance problems. It makes the car feel like it can breath and when it does it goes like stink! Good luck with your mods.[|)]
Old 04 Jun 2004, 01:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hey Gang:

I've been advised NOT to order any 2004 Mopar Performance parts (S1 Turbo Upgrade or Turbo Dual Cat-Back Exhaust) for my soon to be delivered 2005 GT Convertible because not one Chrysler Engineer will verify said parts will fit/work on my 2005.

That being said, has anyone installed Mopar's BOV conversion kit on their 2005 GT convertibles yet? If so, did you use the 2004 part number?

Again, thanks in advance!

-MACE-
Old 04 Jun 2004, 03:05 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 98 Neon Driver

Hey Mace you may want ot try Adam's upcharge pipe instead of the AMX route, it has shown a 30 WHP increase on a S1 equiped car

AC
HP #'s Very debatable! The amx1397 pipe works great with improved throttle response and the turbo spools up quicker, excellent quality and cheaper.
Old 04 Jun 2004, 03:59 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 1ptturbo

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 98 Neon Driver

AC
HP #'s Very debatable! The amx1397 pipe works great with improved throttle response and the turbo spools up quicker, excellent quality and cheaper.
There is no denying that Adam's UCP makes your GT pull really hard through the gears on a S1 GT. 30 hp or not after I installed the UCP it scared the crap out of my wife as I was going through the gears. I've got the AMX turbo up intake and had the turbo up to the factory airbox pipe and neither one gives you the kick in the ass that Adam's UCP does.....1ptturbo, do you have Adam's UCP? If you don't you can't make a qualified comparison on Adam's UCP. You really need to install it to be a believer [?]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic