Old 09 Feb 2016, 08:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 PT Cruiser "BOOST"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgedaddie View Post
Hey every one,,, Newbi here.
About how much boost pressure does a stock cruiser put out?,,,,

Thanks
Message NitroPT he is a certified master tech. He is familiar with these things.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 09 Feb 2016, 08:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Using an external vacuum/pressure gauge, my 2005 GT with stock PCM created about 13 psi max. Then it held around 10 psi. The Stage 1 PCM helped created around 15 psi. And that's at about 80 degrees F, 70% relative humidity and 410 feet above sea level according to my cell phone GPS.

But your 2006 is a Touring Edition (turbo lite), right? If so, I believe your turbo should make about 8 or 9 psi of boost under standard atmospheric conditions. But that's just a number from the literature. I haven't had a chance to play with turbo light yet. You should get a gauge and check it yourself. There's lots of variables that can affect this result.

I've seen your posts with concerns about your boost pressure. It's possible that you may be able to get a Stage 1 or similar PCM for your 2006 turbo lite. This would bring you up to the numbers I was seeing and might set the "stage" for even more later on. And that would give you some pretty nice street performance. If it was me with a turbo lite, I'd likely start by talking to Kevin at SykedECUTuning.com. He may have just what you need. Kevin has posted a contact number here on the open forum for members to call. It's 253-880-5612.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 09 Feb 2016 at 09:33 am.
Old 09 Feb 2016, 10:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The information posted^^ is not exactly accurate and mostly internet found and less than experience tested acquired information about what PT Cruiser boost PSI are....pm me if you want to know real data.
Old 09 Feb 2016, 10:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

whats amazing Danny is a member that no longer owns a PT suddenly posts every where all kinds of information? Where was this when he had a PT? lol

Oh wait he was still reading what other posted on the internet.
Old 09 Feb 2016, 03:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

^^haha^^

The turbo system in the Cruisers is notoriously prone to spike (overshoot). This causes other issues such as traction problems, etc. This also makes judging the boost PSI very subjective when the needle swings around like that and it's just human nature to focus on the biggest number observed. This is how urban legends are born.

A well, better engineered turbo system will quickly climb to it's plateau and hold without swinging around like a seismograph.
Can you say "Aftermarket, Big Turbo"?
NitroPT likes this.

Last edited by 2step; 09 Feb 2016 at 03:22 pm.
Old 09 Feb 2016, 04:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2step View Post
^^haha^^

The turbo system in the Cruisers is notoriously prone to spike (overshoot). This causes other issues such as traction problems, etc. This also makes judging the boost PSI very subjective when the needle swings around like that and it's just human nature to focus on the biggest number observed. This is how urban legends are born.

A well, better engineered turbo system will quickly climb to it's plateau and hold without swinging around like a seismograph.
Can you say "Aftermarket, Big Turbo"?
Brian aka 2step, how refreshing to get a member and once long time owner of a Turbo model PT Cruiser modified to the extent that they know how a PT Cruiser Turbo acts both stock and upgraded with engine performance parts.

And you are so right brother to the "urban legend" comment. We have a lot of that on a few forums and even some members here on this forum trying for first place posters of "urban legends"

Keven @ Syked Ecu Tuning and I experiments with the PCM controlled boost on the PT. LOL boy it takes a lot more than a few PCM calibration changes to keep out of limp mode when playing with that area of the PCM.
Old 09 Feb 2016, 08:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Mine Spikes 21 and holds 19.5 PSI...But it ain't stock
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
E1 Turbo, 3 Bar Map~Tip, 888/1025cc Duster's Injectors, Stage 1 PCM, Composite Intake Manifold, Airbox Mod With Drop In, Ported Exhaust Manifold, Walbro 255, 3 Inch Catless, Poly Mounts, Blue Plate, DCR Oil Mod, DSP, AEM A/F, FM WGA, N2mb Electronic Boost Controller, Power Demon ATX, Duster's CMR Tune, E85 Powered, Cross Driiled Rotors, BTG Springs, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 5K HID lights and fogs, LED Tails...3080 lbs in race trim.300WHP~345 Ft Lbs Torque @ 16PSI...Now boosting 19PSI, WHP And Torque numbers coming soon.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 09:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I know I can put a gauge on and all.
New PT owner here.,,,,
I'm just trying to figure out what I have and what it should be ,,and what or IF I could get just a little more out of it.

Mine is a 2006 Convertible touring.
Didn't/doesn't some of the newer ones have 215 HP ??
If so how can I get to that HP? What was/is the differences??

THANKS
Just looking for a little more
Old 18 Feb 2016, 09:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

^PCM^
For model specific Cruisers.

The other things that may and I suppose will come up never were ever shown to increase HP only text claimed.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN