Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to R3dWhitNCrz
Default Thanks

Thanks top all. Pulling this topic.
Old 01 Jun 2004, 03:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by R3dWhitNCrz

Thinking about adding Hahn Stage two kit to my 2001 cruiser. Any words of advice and or caution? Hope to do so soon, any feedback will help seal the deal or not.[:I]

I don't think I'll know how to act with real power.[}]
Just the usual advice, unless you are building the bottom end of the engine, keep the boost down to about 5#'s or you WILL BE rebuilding the bottom end.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 03 Jun 2004, 03:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

My advice is to sell your current PT and buy a 2003 GT. You will end up spending about the same $$, and you will not get caught trying to re-invent the wheel.

I can almost guarantee that whatever you do to your 2001 it will be less than an engineered system (pistons, block, head, crank, and drivetrain) that the 2003 GT is.

Jus my opinion.[8)]
Old 04 Jun 2004, 06:52 am
Cool Cruiser

What Kirby said.

Unless you have a lot of money and a ton of patience go with a 03 GT or newer Turbo Cruiser.

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 04 Jun 2004, 07:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Before you do that,,,,,, take a 2004 lite turbo out for a test drive. Then try a 2004 GT. The money you will waste puting that on an 01 will be a nice down payment on the 04 lite. Later on you can upgrade to a Stage kit, and have the GT engine,,,

George
Old 15 Jun 2004, 11:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to R3dWhitNCrz

Fellas, thanks for your inputs. I have already battled that issue of just getting a GT. I have invested too much to date to scap it now. I plan to do it right and build up bottom end and make all the proper investments to make it work.[8]

Check out my page to see where I am, but know that the page is not all inclusive.
Again thanks.[8D]
Old 16 Jun 2004, 05:29 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:R3dWhitNCrz Posted - 06/15/2004 : 10:33:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fellas, thanks for your inputs. I have already battled that issue of just getting a GT. I have invested too much to date to scap it now. I plan to do it right and build up bottom end and make all the proper investments to make it work.

Check out my page to see where I am, but know that the page is not all inclusive.
Oh man, I can see why you don't want to get rid of that car. Not only have you obviously spent a ton of time and money, you've spent it very well! That is one GREAT looking PT - I love the two tone paint, custom matching interior, etc. Sweeeet!

Old 16 Jun 2004, 01:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

R3dWhiteNCrz,

Of course the painting would be lost but many of your mods could be moved over to a new PT turbo, particularly if you have a cooperative dealer who would let you switch out parts on the lot or if you still have the original parts otherwise.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 04:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Call on Bob Stockum. He is THE Hahn turbo guru for the PT. I think he is located around Richmond VA. or there abouts. He VERY helpfull and will answer all your questions. OR at least he used to. There are a few peeps on this board and over at PTE that have his setup. One is PHATDAD akaLarry. ask him how he liks his setup. That's one sweet looking Hahn/B.Stockum powered PT. Enuf, props... [?]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 16 Jun 2004, 07:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

hey R3dWhitNCrz, before you spend a lot of money on your botom end you will never get the strenth from your block as a gt cruiser block. try to find a turbo motor with or with out the turbo and start with that as a base power plant. the turbo bottom end has extra supports build in for strenth.

i am helping a guy that lives by me that has a 2001 pt with an aftermarket turbo on it. two weeks ago he was just driving down the road and he shot two rods thru the side of the block and then the car caught on fire.

i just don't want to hear another story like that to a fellow pt owner.

this is just my .02 and i am not telling you what to do.

thanks tommy