PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
These two SRT parts fit on our cruiser GT ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jun 2004, 12:20 am
Young Cruiser

Default These two SRT parts fit on our cruiser GT ???

Could'nt much info on these using Search option. Since SRT-4 and GT uses same turbo engine with few minor differences, and same ?? under carraige chassis based on neon, can these parts be put on our GT.

1.SRT intercooler - it is much bigger, almost twice as big as ours. may need new custom intercooler piping ??

2. front and rear sway bar - not sure if the front is same as ours.
- could the rear bolt onto GT?

Thanks,
Old 09 Jun 2004, 07:09 am
Cool Cruiser

tthrift and Hector from Exhaust Depot are coming up with a GT specifc upgraded intercooler...see the "Vendors and Buyers Forum" for a thread on it.

Buy the PT Cruiser sway bar kit from Eibach. It can be purchased from a number of vendors probably including your local performance auto parts store.

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 09 Jun 2004, 03:09 pm
Young Cruiser

hyracer, I am aware of GT upgraded intercooler coming out soon, and also about Eibach and other sway bars on the market.

The reason I am asking is... if they fit, this maybe the most cost effective way to go since lot of the SRT guys are unloading their stock parts including Turbo and manifold real cheap. SRT intercooler can be picked up for @ $60-$80 plus some fabracation work to fit GT if required, maybe @$150 to$200 total . Both SRT front and back sway bars can be had for @ $60.

Is this doable or no ? comments please!

Old 09 Jun 2004, 03:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

I know the rear won't fit the SRT4 has an independent rear suspension

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 09 Jun 2004, 05:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Well then ANY IC will work. Custom piping can be a lot, but cheaper than an aftermarket Intercooler for sure...but If people are getting a 20 hp increase on the stock turbo in teh SRTs then their stock unit cant be too great.

If your going cheap...do Stage I, Intake, Exhaust, Boost controller and MAP clamp... Less than a grand...

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 09 Jun 2004, 11:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

the srt4 neon ic is the almost the same size as our stock ic, so i don't think you will gain any performance from this swap. you would have to totally remake the tanks on the srt ic to fit into the gt.

over all you would spend way too much time and money tring to refit the srt ic into the gt, please just wait till we have a larger one made for the gt that bolts up with ease.

thanks tommy
Old 09 Jun 2004, 11:56 pm
Young Cruiser

Thank you all for your input. I will wait for upgraded intercooler coming out and end up getting Eibach or other GT specific sway bars.

I am sure though when I went to a dealership last week to check out 300c, I noticed SRT intercooler being much bigger than the GT one, almost twice as big. They had both cars in the lot so I had good look at both intercoolers. Could 03 vs 04 or US vs Canadian SRT intercoolers be diferent?

Thanks,
Old 10 Jun 2004, 12:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Even if you drop in the a larger intercooler, wouldn't we have to open the lower bumper up to allow better airflow?
The lower grill despite having a deeper chin is still small.
Like sucking air in your a-hole.
[]

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 10 Jun 2004, 01:16 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT Redman

Even if you drop in the a larger intercooler, wouldn't we have to open the lower bumper up to allow better airflow?
The lower grill despite having a deeper chin is still small.
Like sucking air in your a-hole.
[]
What about the b-hole? []
Old 10 Jun 2004, 02:50 am
Regular Cruiser

now let's be adults and not mention any other letter holes--the mind spins out of control!
redrum