PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Anti o2 fowler effect power?

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2016, 05:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Anti o2 fowler effect power?

So I installed an anti fowler finally, last attempt had car fall of jack on top of me. I have been driving it for 2 days now and it seems like it doesn't have same kick as I did with it Uninstalled and check engine lite on now my boost gauge takes a little longer to hit boost peak. It might be from weather change its been cooler so I know 4hat effects boost levels, due to colder air is denser so don't need as much boost to hit peak power. Any body running high flow cat with 2 .5 pipe back and have similar situation as me.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 05:48 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Anti o2 fowler effect power?

All the anti-fouler does is move your spark plug farther away from the combustion chamber. They're a waste of money IMO, but you gotta do what you gotta do. If you have oil entering the combustion chamber, you need to check your valve seals or rings. I'm suspecting bad valve seals.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 06:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

No I have it on my o2 sensor on my high flow converter, reason for the antifowler was had a p0420 cat code. No code now just seems not as aggressive.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 06:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

Update found rubber part of waste gate actuator line was leaking replaced test drove way better, man does 5he heat really kill rubber parts on these cars. Should probably do better diagnosis before starting a 5hread sorry happy cruising! !
Old 01 Sep 2016, 06:58 am
Veteran Cruiser

Congrats on finding and fixing the problem. Did you remove the anti-fouler?

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 01 Sep 2016, 07:14 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Congrats on finding and fixing the problem. Did you remove the anti-fouler?
He is not going to remove it.

He is not using it the traditional way - to keep spark plugs from fouling. It is one of the ways to keep the O2 sensor from throwing a code when you open up the exhaust. I have never done it, but it has been done countless times since people started modding computer controlled cars. Pretty much a tried and true method.

I am sure guys that are really up on it, like Nitro, will have a better way to go about it. I know some cars you can just monkey with the parameters on the computer with the tune. Doubt there is going to be anything as cheap though.
chuzz likes this.
Old 01 Sep 2016, 08:01 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo View Post
So I installed an anti fowler finally, last attempt had car fall of jack on top of me.
Why did we gloss over this?!?!

Are you okay? How did it happen? Did you have stands? What was your jacking point?

I finally got stands short enough to use with the PT, but where do you put them and where do you jack from? I have used the jack under the control arm or whatever it is and put the stand in the usual jacking location in the front. What about the back? Is that axle strong enough to hold the car? I am sure it can, I mean is it advisable?
Old 01 Sep 2016, 09:42 am
Cool Cruiser

The antifowler I used is specifically for o2 sensors got it from a performance shop k n s auto came with 3 different tip inserts. So I can limit the amount of exhaust it reads. Still want to get a handheld from Sykes waiting for wife to say yes, she's the accounting. No stands just a jack forgot to put e brake on, frt tires were off ground when I pulled on o2 to break it loose car rolled back and came off jack. Fractured ribs bruised lungs chest contusions. But I'm good . Leas on learned no half assing jack stands or lift from now on. Happy cruising.
Old 01 Sep 2016, 09:46 am
Cool Cruiser

If body is in good shape pinch weld if not the uni body has specific points to put the jack. Don't like using rear cross member because it's not rear wheel or solid enough support for me just my opinion.
Old 01 Sep 2016, 10:20 am
Veteran Cruiser

sorry to hear bout the jack incident. i always shake the car violently like an ahole before crawling under it. i picture me crushed with a 115lb girl running in circles frantically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
I am sure guys that are really up on it, like Nitro, will have a better way to go about it. I know some cars you can just monkey with the parameters on the computer with the tune. Doubt there is going to be anything as cheap though.
i can change all that junk on my 1992 ford. click my attachment.

i probably wont mess with it until i read up on this junk -it seems like a foreign language to me so may be a while LOL so many graphs and charts and tables and scalars n junk. the tune im messing with already lowered what the car considers rich by .123v according to my picture. the base tune i'm tweaking was written by a mad scientist. it's set so it stays lean a bit longer than it stays rich at low loads to increase MPG. like how they constantly switch from lean to rich, mine switches back to rich slower and then quickly jumps lean again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (96.9 KB, 4 views)
Fk5 likes this.

Last edited by rob302; 01 Sep 2016 at 10:26 am.