Advertisements
cold weather low boost time?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By revo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Oct 2016, 12:26 am
Cool Cruiser

Default cold weather low boost time?

All right so I live in Buffalo and it's been a warm summer 90 degree days almost every day. My pt was boosting and holding 14 to 15 no problems. Tonight on my way home from work temperature was at 53 and pt only went to 10 and lower . Now I want my boost back hate looking at my boost gauge and seeing low numbers she still moves and if I get on it at 20 mph she still breaks tires loose but I want my boost back any tips or do I have a problem or is my pcm reching it's horse and torque marks and not needing as much boost to get it
Old 06 Oct 2016, 08:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: cold weather low boost time?

So I kinda found a fix for cold weather low boost. So I pulled iat sensor plugged intake laid and secured iat senor near 5he warmest part of my motor that it would reach and bam boost is back but I had to adjust my waste gate so I won't throw an over boost code . so if your still on mcm controlled boost 5his might solve the problem. But I should probably get a wide band or 5he torque app so I can monitor my motor to see if she's running lean. So I'll take care of that this weekend. I imagine if I got a tuner I wouldn't have to do all this but I don't have 500 dollars right now so this is were I am at.
Turbodude06 likes this.