Old 14 Jun 2004, 06:40 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Waste Gate Replacement ?

Has anyone done this?
Is the AGP a DIRECT replacement?
IF not who makes one that is?

Old 14 Jun 2004, 05:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

Turbochargers.com has am upgraded WGA. It is $100 with a refundable core charge of $100. Because it is an original WGA that has been upgraded it fits in the same spot.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 06:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well I found out the AGP will NOT fit. Good group of people! I messed up and ordered it after misreading a post. Had to call and cancel. They were nice to me and informed me they WILL be working on our GT's but no definite time frame. Anyway thanks for the tip on the waste gate. Have you installed it? Anyone?

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 14 Jun 2004, 07:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have the one from Turbochargers.com. You have to make some changes to the vacuum lines to prevent over boost. A diagram is on the website. I used it in conjunction with a MBC and the Psi-Fi PowerPaq.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 10:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

ksquared,
I called and talked to them and he does not have one put together. He said he needs to know the orientation of the plunger, as he has not put one together in awhile, and has not documented it. I was not sure what to tell him. Would you happen to have a pic of your take off you could send me? He told me they are set for 13#, is that your experience? Could you tell a difference? Thanks for any and all help in this.

Lee

Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Old 14 Jun 2004, 11:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

They are probably waiting for me to return my core. I know that they have been short on stock WGA to modify. I was going to ship it out today but I got busy, I will send it out tomorrow. Here is a picture of the stock WGA.

The one that I had was set up for an SRT4. The positioning was slightly different than the PT. I had to unscrew the ring clamp that they use and adjust it so that everything will line up properly with the turbo and engine. You will need to remove the upper intake to do the install. PM me with your number and I will give you more information on the install.

When I did the install I hooked everything back up the way it was stock. BIG MISTAKE. I took it out for a test drive to insure that everything was working. Well I hit the gas and my boost hit 30 PSI. I then remembered that Turbochargers.com told me to look at the diagram on how to re-route the vacuum lines. Because I was going to Psi-Fi to have the PP installed I just stayed out of the turbo and had Ant change everything.

I made a lot of changes at once, WGA, 3" DP, MBC and PP so it is hard for me to say how much of a change the WGA had. Psi-Fi did say it was necessary to go with a higher boost. I am now running 18 psi with a spike of 21 psi.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 07:03 am
Cool Cruiser

K you are Da Man. I sent your pic and will waite to hear from them. I cant wait!!!! That and a Greddy profec B should put a little juice into the old GT. With the other mods I have these should work out nice. As I said a LONG time ago, bag Stage II

Again THANK YOU for helping me out!!!!!!

Old 15 Jun 2004, 01:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

LAF, I did a how to on this awhile back, and like ksquared I installed it the stock way.

Here's my How-to post with pics:
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=6840

You even posted on the thread LAF.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....