ECU matching

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NitroPT
  • 1 Post By myckee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Oct 2016, 01:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default ECU matching

I have a Stage 1 ECU for the '04 PT GT I just sold (btw at one point the dealer flashed it and I lost the ST1 Mopar tune). Is it forever tied to my car only? I ran it with my Diablo tunes, and I have released the Diablo. Wondering if I offered it as a package along with the tuner if it can be used in the same way for any GT.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 01:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: ECU matching

Excepting that you correctly followed allthe install information set by Diablo Sport.

If you un-married the Diablosport correctly it will upload the back up information in the PCM prior to the DS device usage.

The compatible PCMs are VIN coded with a simple pass through device to work in more then one PT.

Just a thought, if you installed your DS device before the STAGE one was dealer flashed then the back up to un-marry the DS device would be the original STAGE 1 programing. h
Kevhead likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 13 Oct 2016 at 01:27 pm.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 02:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: ECU matching

If the original S1 programming was overwritten by the dealer with the stock GT tune, then that's all it is now, a stock 04 GT ecu, despite the sticker on the front. The ecu is VIN locked to your car. It can be used in other cars if the vin is flashed with an appropriate tool.

If you have unmarried the DS device from it, then the Ds is free to use on any other compatible ecu, depending on the type of DS it is. If it is a Predator, then it is only compatible with a PT GT or an SRT4 Neon. If it is an Intune or Trinity, then it is compatible with many mopar, ford and GM cars.

You could offer it as a package of ecu and DS for 04-05 PT 'Lite' owners, to upgrade to GT level with just the ecu (providing the vin is updated to the new car), and beyond, to a tune similar to a Stage 1, using one of the canned DS tunes. The GT ecu is required for this as the DS is not compatible with a non GT or S1 ecu.
Kevhead likes this.

Last edited by myckee; 13 Oct 2016 at 02:37 pm.

Tags
ecu