Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
VAC lines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jun 2004, 01:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default VAC lines

For those that read the SRT forums and wonder what vacuum lines they are talking about when they say green, blue, black, pink etc...

I've actually mapped this out for the PT. The green line (srt) is the cream colored line (PT) that goes to the back of the turbo (line right behind the air intake pipe) Blue line (SRT) is the gray vac line (PT) that tee's into the hose coming out the front of the turbo. Black line (SRT) is the dark brown line (PT) that plugs into the wastegate. Pink line (SRT) is the off white (bone colored) line (PT) to the surge valve.

They say the green line (cream) produced more TQ less HP and the BLue line more HP less TQ. They suggest having an aftermarket BOV to run off blue line or BOV (if you have the Mopar one, would go off constantly) So I ran my WG and BC off the Throtle body which was suggested if you don't have an aftermarket BOV. I got really bad compressor surge so I disconnected it and just ran i this way. Capeed green (cream) and black (dk brown) line ran line from back of turbo to BC then from BC to WG. All other lines left stock. I still get minimal compressor surge but not as bad a running off the TB. Still looking for other ways to do it, might try the other lines when I have the time. Hope this helps you.

Pics I used to identify vac lines:
Stock lines

Vac lines with Aftermarket WG and MBC

Old 15 Jun 2004, 03:11 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

RK

Thanks for the info Bro. I'm going to run a boost controller in a bit. But I'm going to use it with the stock WGate actuator to see what type of benefits that it will provide. Are there any downsides that you've noticed, in running the MBC? Hopefully we can get together either late July or August at the Cali speedway.

m~

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 15 Jun 2004, 04:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks a lot! Been meaning to do this but never got the chance.

My DSBC is run from the throttle body and goes to the WGA.
Waiting on Stage 1 (this week) before I run the DSBC directly off the turbo (green line).
Most of the SRT guys are recommending the Green (cream) line,
as they say the Blue (gray) line is detrimental in the long term.
The next step would be an adjustable WGA.

Is there a benefit from running an aftermarket BOV off the blue line instead of the TB?
Currently mine is run off the TB.

Click to see my GT!
Old 15 Jun 2004, 04:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RobGT

Thanks a lot! Been meaning to do this but never got the chance.

Is there a benefit from running an aftermarket BOV off the blue line instead of the TB?
Currently mine is run off the TB.
I would run your aftermarket BOV just the way you have it.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 15 Jun 2004, 04:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by macster

RK

Thanks for the info Bro. I'm going to run a boost controller in a bit. But I'm going to use it with the stock WGate actuator to see what type of benefits that it will provide. Are there any downsides that you've noticed, in running the MBC? Hopefully we can get together either late July or August at the Cali speedway.

m~
mac, I haven't noticed any downsides with the MBC. Other than [8)] when the switch is on [?]

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 15 Jun 2004, 07:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Rice_Killen

Thanks for the info, as you know I have been pleading for SOLID info from GT people. Have the Greddy coming and want to have a place to start. My head hurts from the SRT people's color scheme. I have the Mopar BOV so your info is good on this. I did not see are you StageI?
I assume(hate that word)this info is good for that too? I cant thank you and others that are responding to question we ask, with FIRST HAND experiences. We need to know what works for the GT even though the SRT is close. I cant help but wonder what differences are there we have yet to find? [?]

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 15 Jun 2004, 07:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

LAF,

Yes I do have Stage 1

Old 15 Jun 2004, 11:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

[/quote]

mac, I haven't noticed any downsides with the MBC. Other than [8)] when the switch is on [?]
[/quote]

RK

One more question, do you get full boost at partial throttle on either setting?

m~

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 16 Jun 2004, 12:05 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
RK

m~
I don't get full boost at part throttle on the low setting, at 3000 rpm I get about 7psi. I hardly ever drive with the high switch on, the few times I did have the switch on I never went above 3,000 rpms. It was either WOT or just cruising.

Old 16 Jun 2004, 07:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rice_killing_GT

Quote:
RK

m~
I don't get full boost at part throttle on the low setting, at 3000 rpm I get about 7psi. I hardly ever drive with the high switch on, the few times I did have the switch on I never went above 3,000 rpms. It was either WOT or just cruising.

Thank you sir. Then I'm taking that it's just like normal.

M~