Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cubx
  • 1 Post By Cubx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Nov 2016, 07:37 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Yet ANOTHER Stage one 1 thread

Well sorta ^^^^

Not sure what route to take here. I have an 05 turbo lite with a GT ecu. Really liking the extra get up and go. The only other mods I have are the blue plate special bov, boost gauge and muffler delete.

Anyway, I of course want to try to get even more power without going crazy with mods/parts. Not sure if I should get the Mopar Stage 1 or just snag another GT ECU and send it to Syked.

Any advice on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 08:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Yet ANOTHER Stage one 1 thread

Do you plan on doing further mods? I got the Stage 1 for my '05 GT convertible... huge difference over the stock GT. But I now have a Diablosport Trinity, which is very similar in performance out of the box compared to the stage 1, however, you get tons of monitoring options, and the ability to download custom tunes to accommodate future mods. If you plan on doing more to the car, my suggestion is the diablosport. If you're not going to do anything else, it would be more cost effective to do the PCM.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 08:26 pm
Young Cruiser

Honestly I don't know just yet. I'm really afraid of messing something up with a tuner. Though I have 2 ECUs laying around, a T.Lite an the GT im using now. So you're saying the Stage 1 is def worth it? Oh and nice ride. Mine looks just like yours, but with stock wheels.

Last edited by Cubx; 20 Nov 2016 at 08:31 pm.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 09:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

First, thanks... I do love this car! BTW, my wheels are stock GT wheels, although I don't see a lot of them out there.

It really comes down to where you think you want to go in the future. If you're never going to do anything else, then yes, the stage 1 is great. It is actual horsepower that you will absolutely feel. On the other hand, if you're power hungry like me, then you're probably not done modding, and in that case you will want the diablosport. I got the stage 1 because I had a bad PCM, so it was much cheaper for me than getting a stock PCM replacement. But in your case, to get the stage 1 and go back later and get the diablosport, would be a waste of money. And the reality is, you can actually squeeze a few more hp with the diablosport over the stage 1 even without doing any other mods, so there's that as well. It's really all about what you think you'll do in the future. But I will tell you, after you have the stage 1, you'll start itching for a little more, and a little more... that's how I ended up with a pile of aftermarket parts that I'm about to put on... It's a sickness man! It'll get ya!
Old 18 Dec 2016, 09:43 pm
Young Cruiser

I went ahead and did the Stage 1. Mostly because I was a little scared of messing something up with the tuner. I must say, the stage 1 did wonders. The car pulls like a change doing 15lbs all the way to the limiter. My friend that has a modded srt-4 drove my PT for comparison. He was thoroughly impressed. As was I. I didn't think a PT could move like that :-)
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 02:27 am
Cool Cruiser

Hey cubx just wondering if you went to Sykes for his stage 1, or did you get the Mopar stage one . Hopefully I can get my money together to get Sykes tuner with his stage 1 or 2 . I also have a lite and looking to get that amount of boost or a little more. Be safe have fun . Happy cruising.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 05:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubx View Post
I went ahead and did the Stage 1. Mostly because I was a little scared of messing something up with the tuner. I must say, the stage 1 did wonders. The car pulls like a change doing 15lbs all the way to the limiter. My friend that has a modded srt-4 drove my PT for comparison. He was thoroughly impressed. As was I. I didn't think a PT could move like that :-)

Haha... pretty fun stuff, right??? Like I said, that may only be the beginning. It won't take long for you to fully explore what it's capable of, and then... there comes that nagging desire for more! Hey, by the way (and someone else can chime in here) I can't remember if the stage 1 requires 93 octane... I'm running it now because I'm on the diablosport tune, but if memory serves correct, I think you're supposed to be using it with the stage 1...?
Old 22 Dec 2016, 01:00 pm
Young Cruiser

Hey Revo, I went for the Mopar Stage 1.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 07:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

As I thought, the Stage 1 PCM does require premium fuel just like the diablosport tune. If you are not running premium, you will be losing performance. You may very well be already running it, but since you hadn't mentioned it, I thought I'd bring it up.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 08:12 pm
Young Cruiser

Yep, it sure does. But I've been running 91-93 since I bought the car. Even though it was a Turbo Light and didn't really need it. I figured I'd get myself into the habit before I did the upgrades.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.