Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Greddy Profec B II Installed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jun 2004, 03:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Greddy Profec B II Installed

Not too bad to do thanks to RiceKiller and others. Did not try to adjust anything yet as I am waiting on my upgraded waste gate from turbochargers.com.

All went well used the right upper ECM bolt for the solenoid to hang on. Fishing through the grommet was OK, just kept making the hole bigger, silicone it back in liberally. Hook up was not bad. (com) to waste gate, (no) to front of turbo. Capped both lines with a screw, and silicone on top ( before you say it, silicone does not stick to rubber too well and will come out if needed). Source from rear of turbo, t'd into that line. The only problem is the stock source is bigger than the Greddy source. I used the y they supplied and wrapped Teflon tape around it till is was snug then zip tied it tight in the original connection, using the left over outlet for the Greddy source. Will keep an eye on this though.

With unit off just acting as a boost gage it does spike out at times, WOT it will hold 19 1st to 2nd on my auto stick. I think all these readings are bogus until I get the new waste gate though. All in all not bad. I am in no hurry to do the waste gate as that sure looks like work. But as soon as it shows it will be in. It is set to 13# so should be able to get good boost readings once it is installed.

I have it mounted in a unique position right under the inspection and emissions sticker, dumb luck really. Used loom because it looked like is was going to be out on the dash a bit. Well there is rubber between the dash and windshield and with all in the loom it wedges right tight into the windshield, dash rubber. Does not go anywhere and looks good. I did not want it low in the pocket below the stereo, and could not find a way to mount it on the sun visor clean.

So this was my morning and now its time to go for a scoot ride...........
Old 20 Jun 2004, 07:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde

where did you get it from? links? pictures? how long did it take to install?

Now with stage 1

Just a GT... Thats tearin\' arse on the driveway.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/themanfrmokinawa

14.626 @ 94.74
stage 0 , intake and exhaust only.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 08:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

OK now I had a very bad senior moment. I put the new waste gate in and went for a spin. I was freaking because I had the Greddy set up to PSI and was seeing like 70,90, etc. Well was thinking I messed the install up. Then I READ the book. In PSI mode 145 on the dial = 14.5 PSI. Duhhhh

Now I could use some base settings if someone would like to suggest some. I could only get into it for like 130ish on the Greddy so I assume the waste gate is set to 13# as Turbo Chargers said it would be.

So using that for a base it is time for suggestions from all that have gone before me.

Any suggestions would be great.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 22 Jun 2004, 09:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Stage 1 will give you a max of 15.5 PSI as a factory setting. You should start at 15.
With the new Wastegate the Boost should increase very fast, so you will need to increase the Solenoid sensitivity ( That is what the old Profec B had) or anything that would make the controller react to the preset boost setting faster before overshooting the mark.

Once you have set it that there is almost no spike, continue to increase boost in .5 increments. I would say that it should be safe all the way to 16.5 but take it .5 at a time.

If you can get a G-tech or any other way of testing (Dyno time or at the track) it will make it a hole lot faster.

I used to adjust early in the morning with a G-tech Pro. HP figures may be off but they are consistent and you will see if you are increasing or decreasing HP.

Ian
Old 23 Jun 2004, 06:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well started with these settings on the Greddy

Set Boost 10%
Gain 35%
Start Boost 150

Not sure yet need to find some roads I can get out of 2nd to 3rd on a auto shift red line.

Any recomendations on:

Limiter ###
Warning Limiter %

with the above 3 settings?

I know the GT really woke up now [8)]

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 23 Jun 2004, 06:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by LAF

Well started with these settings on the Greddy

Set Boost 10%
Gain 35%
Start Boost 150

Not sure yet need to find some roads I can get out of 2nd to 3rd on a auto shift red line.

Any recomendations on:

Limiter ###
Warning Limiter %

with the above 3 settings?

I know the GT really woke up now [8)]

LAF

Set the limiter at the percentage that you want the boost lowered when you exceed the warning setting, ref page 18 under the limiter settings paragraph. I'd set it for 20% reduction to start and go from there. Good luck, it ain't easy being a pioneer.

m~

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe