Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A/F Dyno-Jet Offer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jun 2004, 06:26 am
Cool Cruiser

Default A/F Dyno-Jet Offer

Was going to jump on this. Was wondering if there are any thoughts from you guys? Seems to me we need it to get boost and waste-gate, and Stage 1 to play nice and set up to be safe.

http://neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=173930

Question is can I just put it in the down stream o2 bung and replace, leave hang, wire tie, the original o2 since I heard we don't need it anyway with Stage 1?

Replies would be great.
Old 25 Jun 2004, 10:26 am
Cool Cruiser

Looks cool. Want one but spent all my $$ on Stage1 and SSWGA!!!
You need this now that your running the ProfecB as well.

Just for argument, saw this one a while back:
http://www.speedshop.org/store/scrip...p?idproduct=96
The shop is run by one of the guys over @ SRTForums.
I like the digital readout.

LAF are you running an EGT as well?
Old 25 Jun 2004, 11:32 am
Cool Cruiser

FYI - Wideband A/F Thread:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...4&page=1&pp=15
Old 25 Jun 2004, 12:53 pm
Young Cruiser

And yet another option for you. Also on the "org".
If I didn't have thew Techedge I would lean towards this one. Having the digital display is nice. Just need a quick glance to view. A bit more dificult with an analog.

http://neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=171543
Fully built HRC Turboed 2.4: Wiseco pistons, T2 rods, Port & Polished head (Bob Special) with oversize Stainless Steel valves, #14 Crane Cams, AF/X UDP, No balance shafts, Custom 3\" downpipe, 3\" hi flow exhaust, Ported GT intake manifold, Bored Throttle Body, 30 lb injectors, Water/Alc. injection
Old 25 Jun 2004, 09:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well I want to jump on this O2 Wide band but am having some issues sorting it out. First I have the ATP down with high flow cat on. My original O2 pipe is in place. I originally wanted to use the down stream O2 bung and just wire tie the down stream up some place safe. I guess that is the first question we do not use thin in stage I Correct? Even if that is true the next issue is these wide bands say to use before the cat, that the cat changes the readings. Now with that in mind my question number 3 is how much? I mean it is a 3" high flow cat and I don't think it is doing that much but am not sure? If it does change it, is it a small amount like tenths? How can a dyno then be accurate if the sniffer is in the tail pipe after the cat and the muffler? I just want this thing as a reference for boosting as I don't want to lean my engine out and I am thinking if I can use the down stream O2 bung it would be close enough for me. I am not going to run up the boost that close to a lean condition that a MINOR variance will matter to me.

Any Help? Thoughts?

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 26 Jun 2004, 01:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

hey LAF, you can't use the second o2 sensor bung. the stage i doesn't read the sensor for a change in carbons but if it wasn't there the system would know that and set off a CEL. just get another bung welded in . as far as where to add a bung you will need to read the specs on the wide band o2. mine says it can't get hotter than i think 1300 degrees so i have mine one the stratght part of the pipe after the cat. the reading after the cat won't be perfect but we are not trying to pull every last possable HP out of these engines, so it will be fine there.

thanks tommy
Old 26 Jun 2004, 02:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

TThrift,
Are you sure of the cell issue? I thought as long as it stayed connected it was good to go. At any rate I am gonna just slow down and check this all out. I think I made a mistake in not just going with the E-01 and working from there. Until I get an 02 sensor, I could have just went with the e-01 and had a bung put in and bought a sensor, and still be less in the hole. And not have the worries with the boost gage, plus O2 gage. The issue was I just could not see where to set the e-01 display up at. Also looking at the PLX 500 wireless data logger and digital display, could put it right next to my boost digital display.
http://www.plxdevices.com/

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 26 Jun 2004, 10:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

i just reread your post and i have been told that the sensor must still be hooked up and from what you posted i think you are still going to have it hooked up but not in the bung. that may work, i guess you just need to try and see what happens.

good luck ,tommy