Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar Short-Throw Shifter Installed+Picture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2004, 09:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Mopar Short-Throw Shifter Installed+Picture

I just picked up my PT GT today after I had my Chrysler dealer install the new shifter which is where I purchased the shifter from. I wanted to let you PT Turbo lovers know that the Mopar 5-speed short throw shifter is great. The throw to each gear is dramatically shortened. In fact, when I was briskly shifting into fourth gear, I thought I was only about half way there and did a quick double clutch maneuver but I was already in the next gear. It's even easier to shift into reverse which was an unexpected bonus. The car even feels faster which it probably is because of the time saved during shifts. It also looks great with a thick polished chrome shaft with "Hurst" engraved on the side and a nice retro white shift ball with black engraved lettering. I'm very please and the cost is around $189 or less plus installation. FYI, I previously had the Hurst shifter (different version for the GT) installed on my N/A PT Cruiser, and this one even better, shorter throws. Highly recommended.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 09:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Guess I should try one soon.....

The only gripe I have with the stock shifter is the gear change from 1st to 2nd is a bit long, 4th to 5th is even longer. However, I have 2nd and 3rd and 3rd to 4th broken in nicely .
Old 01 Jul 2004, 01:05 am
Veteran Cruiser

I didn't know it was out for the GT yet. Did your dealer just order it for you?

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 01 Jul 2004, 02:37 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

They have just been released in the last month, month and a half. I haven't put one in yet, but I have checked on them. I figured I'd check on the shifter when I checked to see if they dropped the price on the stage one without injectors.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"
Old 01 Jul 2004, 05:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

BigTommy, the last I checked 04 GT Stage one was $350. It sill seems a lot for 15-18 HP gain.[8)]
Old 01 Jul 2004, 05:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JPMS GT

BigTommy, the last I checked 04 GT Stage one was $350. It sill seems a lot for 15-18 HP gain.[8)]
What's funny is for an '04 all you're getting is the PCM because you've already got the larger injectors yet it still costs the same (at least all the places I see them for sale) as the kit for an '03 but we also get a new set of injectors. Go figure.
Old 01 Jul 2004, 06:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

I wish someone had posted when it was avaliable like they were supposed to . It would have been nice to have for CTF4 or for the strip this last month. I guess I will be calling someone to place my order.
Old 01 Jul 2004, 07:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:JPMS GT Posted - 07/01/2004 : 4:05:42 PM
BigTommy, the last I checked 04 GT Stage one was $350. It sill seems a lot for 15-18 HP gain.
Maybe so, but keep in mind that it isn't as simple as just some extra ponies under the hood. Boost comes on sooner, shifts are tighter, etc. Your exhaust and intake combined probably cost as much but didn't give you the improvement in power and driveability. Heh, my exhaust alone, installed, cost almost double that and I know for sure it didn't![:0] Still love it though!
Old 01 Jul 2004, 11:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ordered my STS today. My parts guy said they were a week away, what ever that means? SWEET! I am jazzed!
Old 01 Jul 2004, 11:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

Mean Green - I ordered the shifter from my dealer about four weeks ago and it actually came in a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't install it until recently. It's really nice to look at it every time I get into the car besides the shifting benefit. You'll love it.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|