Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
STAGE ONE ROCKS!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jul 2004, 11:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default STAGE ONE ROCKS!!

finally got everything today and all is in(mopar BOV, stage one, mopar/borla dual exhaust
and i have to say i cant believe the performance..have an '03 GT so i had to change the gasket,injectors, but the BOV was difficult.....and thanx to you guys i did it..THX!!![8D]
but now i am looking at the BTG air intake....is this worth it? plus i am thinking of plugs and wires.....any suggestions?
thx again!!!
Old 05 Jul 2004, 11:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

I can't speak for the plug wires because I haven't upgraded mine. However, I can speak for the intake. The BTG stainless steel intake for the PT Turbo is the same as the Airforce One Performance intake part #16800. It has the rechargeable blue element, the polished 3" stainless steel tube, the brushed stainless steel heat shield, the blue tube which connects to the valve cover, the black tube that connects to the engine vacuum breather, a black elbow that connects to the turbo, and a metal support bar that attaches to a stud on the valve cover. Besides hearing all the cool noises from the turbo, the performance is noticably improved. The turbo spools up faster and there isn't that restricted sensation before the turbo kicks in that you get with the stock airbox. The powerband is much smoother. Highly recommended.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|
Old 06 Jul 2004, 12:02 am
Senior Cruiser

If you REALLY want to kick it up a notch with the intake, spend a few bucks more and get 03baggedturbo's V.A.K. kit. This includes a K&N style cone filter, nice smooth pipes going into the turbo and, here's the kicker, a new uppercharge pipe. That's the one that goes from the intercooler to the throttle body. Plus you can get the thing in a variety of colors to match your car. Do a search for it, or look in the vendors section here at PT Cruiser Links. Or just go to www.prototypepower.com for all the dirt.
Old 06 Jul 2004, 12:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

i ordered the BTG air intake and besides the plugs and wires what other things can i do for the best performance/bang for the buck???? i really want to do th coilovers....any suggestions??? is the BTG hard to install??

Old 06 Jul 2004, 01:04 am
Dedicated Cruiser

FYI, the BTG cold air intake is very loud according to people on this forum who have installed it. Several have removed it because they did not like the sound.
Old 06 Jul 2004, 10:05 am
Regular Cruiser

The BTG/Airforce One itake is louder than stock as far as hearing the different turbo related noises. I can them "turbo plumbing" noises. I can see where it could be annoying for some people but really neat for others who enjoy hearing mechanical things work. However, when you put the pedal to the metal, the BTG/AFO doesn't have the loud "roar" that my K&N FIPK had on my previous N/A PT. In that regard, it's much quieter.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|
Old 06 Jul 2004, 02:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

interesting....when i put my new mopar exhaust on(dual) with the BOV..i really LOVED the sound it was making....and all the pops and bangs.....i think sound is a mute point with me...however 'performance' wise.... it looks like it sucks in the 'warm' air???....and
is it worth it to upgrade to this? i have the stock in there now...it does seems like it is starve for air when i punch it.....
Old 06 Jul 2004, 02:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Since you loved the sounds after installing the Mopar BOV, you'll love what the intake does. You will also get an increase in performance. I had concerns too about the BTG/Airforce One not being a true cold air intake. The heat shield helps this problem but doesn't solve it. I believe AEM is currently developing a cold air intake for the PT Turbo so you could wait and see.
Old 08 Jul 2004, 06:17 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Dark if you want a BTG intake I have a used one ...save you some money .
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 08 Jul 2004, 02:44 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Dark,
the pops and stuff are a programming feature built into the PCM. The computer is programmed to allow that feature.
CAI works best with a RAM air hood cause the engine bay gets so hot that an open air filter has no advantage.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html