PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
03 gt pcm flash and autostick questions

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Sep 2017, 11:43 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 03 gt pcm flash and autostick questions

Also, I don't know exactly what the DS does in regards to the RPM and speed limiter. I have a DS Intune, but to be honest never use it so I don't know exactly what it does. SPLNeon races his 03 with a DS all the time, so he would be the guy to ask about that.
Old 01 Sep 2017, 12:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztunnell View Post
Well crap. I'll get pics on here somehow lol.
You know, you can upload your pics directly to the forum - either into your personal Gallery section, or just as individual post attachments...

I find that a JPG file resized to 1024 pixels maximum seems to work the best. There is a tutorial floating around somewhere...
Old 02 Sep 2017, 01:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Sounds like it might be simpler and cheaper to just tune my orig 03 pcm with the DST. Then get another pcm after race and send it off. Does the Mopar 03 Stage 1 pcm have the updated tables like the 04up or is it the same tables as my orig pcm. Thinking it might still control the fans.
Old 02 Sep 2017, 09:49 am
Senior Cruiser

Yes, since the stage 1 must use the newer NGC3 hardware, it will have those benefits because of that newer hardware. The stage 1 programming will make use of the higher resolution maps and ensure that it will function properly in the 03 car operating the fan as normal etc.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 09:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well got the DST in. Backed up the original calibration. Then modified the stock tune. Raised the top speed to 150. Then took it to dyno for a baseline. Still haven't heard back from Cindy or Syked. With everything stock except for k&n typhoon intake and the BOV plate. It went 210.7hp @4950 and 234.8ftlb @4350. It started cutting out above 5000rPM. OEM wires and plugs.
I was surprised. I expected maybe 175-180hp @wheel. I pulled the pcm when I got home to see if there looked to be anything out of the ordinary. It has been changed. The bolts had all been removed at least once. The pcm itself looked almost new. Paint was nice. Aluminum looked fresh. No oxidation. It also had nice fresh stickers on it. One sticker on the side said at the top. (Upgraded software installed). I'll take it back out and get a picture when I get a min.
Edited- I was running 100% 91 octane gas during the run. And after disassembly it still had the pink injectors.
pt dyno.jpg

Last edited by zztunnell; 17 Sep 2017 at 09:12 am.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 11:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Found a broken vacuum line coming off what I'm gonna call the 'red solenoid. I cant find anywhere this should be hooked to. Anyone know where this is supposed to go?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170914_233153-567x1008.jpg (70.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 15 Sep 2017, 02:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry double post.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 08:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztunnell View Post
Well got the DST in. Backed up the original calibration. Then modified the stock tune. Raised the top speed to 150. Then took it to dyno for a baseline. Still haven't heard back from Cindy or Syked. With everything stock except for k&n typhoon intake and the BOV plate. It went 210.7hp @4950 and 234.8ftlb @4350. It started cutting out above 5000rPM. OEM wires and plugs.
I was surprised. I expected maybe 175-180hp @wheel. I pulled the pcm when I got home to see if there looked to be anything out of the ordinary. It has been changed. The bolts had all been removed at least once. The pcm itself looked almost new. Paint was nice. Aluminum looked fresh. No oxidation. It also had nice fresh stickers on it. One sticker on the side said at the top. (Upgraded software installed). I'll take it back out and get a picture when I get a min.Attachment 24965

Wow. If you were getting 210.7hp on the existing 2003 PCM tune (not one of the DS canned tunes), it sounds like you may already have a non-original PCM. From what I've seen, all of these PCM's have the updated software sticker. If you will post both the part number on the front of the PCM and the update part number, we may be able to look it up and tell what PCM you have there if it's stock and hasn't been reflashed already. Plus, the DS will give you the "ID Number" of the current flash in the PCM. Post that and may be able tell if it's been flashed to Stage 1 already.

Also, we could like tell a lot if we knew what your peak boost pressure was.

And thank you for posting these results. This will be very helpful to others in the future working on the same type of thing.
myckee likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 15 Sep 2017 at 08:53 am.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 09:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

That's what I was thinking on the pcm. I'm on the road. When I get back in I'll pop the pcm back out and take some pics. The diablosport showed a peak of 14.31 on the way to the dyno. No tune just using the DST to monitor a few things on the way there. When I put the 91 octane tune in on way back I noticed it read 17.11 peak on one 0-60 run.

Anyone know what that white vacuum line on the red solenoid goes to?
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 09 Oct 2017, 02:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Got all the upgrades installed. Barely made it to the race. I had a few issues. I'll cover it all in my build thread. The car didn't have any power after 1-2 shift using the 91 tune. I switched to the stock tune and it ran good but it was pig rich at work. After a 2 successful passes. I put in some race gas to bump it the Oct above 93 and installed the 93 tune. Ran WAY better but still rich at Wot.

Who does or where can I get a custom tune made?

I have an AEM wideband. I'll be hooking the output up to the DST this weekend so I can datalog.

Edit- The place that did my baseline dyno runs is not familiar with the DST so they are out of the question.