Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Free Performance Upgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jul 2004, 09:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Free Performance Upgrade

I took my rear seats out to haul some stuff around this weekend, and haven't put them back in yet. Driving to and from work I noticed a surprising performance improvement.

I know that drag racers take the seats out to shave tenths of a second off, but I didn't think it would be noticeable for daily driving (although I do have a led foot).

Has anyone else noticed this?
Does anyone have any hard numbers on performance improvements
in 0-60 with and without the back seats?

I'm tempted to leave the seats out all the time now since I rarely have back seat passengers. It might even improve gas mileage.

Old 06 Jul 2004, 11:35 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Joe R, I have heard this to be true. However, I wonder if realizing a "slight performance gain" is worth keeping the rear seats out permanently and eliminating the versatility of the PT Cruiser? For me at least, this would not be a practical option. However, if you take your car to the track to race/beat the clock, then it may well be worth it.
Old 07 Jul 2004, 01:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

If you don't need them keep them out. Less weight = faster times and better gas mileage. I had mine out for about a week and noticed a difference. I liked it, but unfortunately they have to go back in, along with the two child seats!
Old 07 Jul 2004, 11:17 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have had mine out for a year now, very zippy. No kids to haul, just me and my girlfriend and my doggie. And if my dog isan't in back and we get that funky feeling well heck plenty of room.
steve[^]
Old 07 Jul 2004, 11:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ote69

I have had mine out for a year now, very zippy. No kids to haul, just me and my girlfriend and my doggie. And if my dog isan't in back and we get that funky feeling well heck plenty of room.
steve[^]
I was going to say that you were having a flash back to the 60's but then I looked at your profile and noticed that you aren't that old. But my back seats are out and if I get feeling funky, not only is the room there but blankets (courtesy of the dogs) are already in place!
Old 08 Jul 2004, 05:05 am
Regular Cruiser

lol, have a big black and grey bedspred in the back...keeping inline with my interior. Grew up in the seventies and still dig George Cliton...Parlement funkadelic.
steve[?]
Old 08 Jul 2004, 04:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Becareful you two, or you'll end putting in the car seats like DREAM2 or 3 or 4! LOL
Old 09 Jul 2004, 10:16 am
Regular Cruiser

Hey! I bought the PT because I CAN fit my kids in it. They wouldn't fit in my Jeep. The PT is a family car, sort of like a minivan, but yet not. At least that's what I told the wife. The SRT-4 or the WRX I couldn't pass off as "family" cars. God bless the sleepers.