PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Power Steering Hose keeps bursting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Dec 2017, 01:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Power Steering Hose keeps bursting

Hello all,

So here's the deal. I'm going a bit nuts here trying to figure out what exactly is going on. I've been searching the internet and coming up with different things.

In the past 2 months,The lower power steering hose (the one coming from the radiator) has burst 3 times and has slipped off the back end numerous times.

It's a 2003 GT. I've replaced the line 3 times now and put new clamps on it. I've had the car for about 6 months now and this is the only problem I've had with it.

I'm not real car familiar but from what I'm reading it could be the pressure valve or the pressure line hose. Normally after I "fix" it,it holds up for a couple of weeks. Today so far it has slipped off once and the hose broke for the 3rd time. This 3rd time the hose lasted literally 2 days and slipped off again this morning. It's 10 degrees outside right now so not too eager to get back out in the cold again without being able to have some insight on what's going on. So hoping someone here knowledgeable about PT Cruisers can help me out. Thank you!
Old 30 Dec 2017, 02:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Power Steering Hose keeps bursting

Does your Pt Cruiser have the turbo?

You might have a block in the line or your radiator might need to be replaced. The link below might help you.
power steering low pressure hose blowing off
Old 30 Dec 2017, 03:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Power Steering Hose keeps bursting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
Does your Pt Cruiser have the turbo?

You might have a block in the line or your radiator might need to be replaced. The link below might help you.
power steering low pressure hose blowing off
Thanks for the reply! I must not have gone far enough back in my search to not find that thread! Looking through the thread now...and yes I think it has the turbo anyways. It's a 2003 GT.