Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hyper Grounding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2004, 03:16 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Hyper Grounding

Found this on another forum. Check it out. It is very interesting.

http://www.caraudiomag.com/testrepor...per/index.html

http://www.sunautomobile.com
Old 14 Jul 2004, 10:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

It is incredulous.

If it was advertised on radio I would expect to hear the low fast mumbles in there somewhere like the asterisk on the website "actual effectiveness varies by vehicle".
Old 14 Jul 2004, 02:42 pm
Regular Cruiser

Mean Green -- I've heard about this before. I've contacted the company and hope to give them a try. If so, I'll post my experience. Grounding is a big deal in the electronics industry. For audio amplifiers they call it "star grounding" where all the grounds end up at one point. It makes the amplifiers sound better. Quality surge protection companies such as Panamax also believe in using a single ground point for all audio/video components in a system. It reduces system noise. I understand why this might sound "hokey" to some people but I encourage them to keep an open mind.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|
Old 14 Jul 2004, 05:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

I went to the sunautomobile site. Their two blocks from my officd!! I talked to them and they said the PT takes the "Universal S" type and they come in colors, R,G,Y and B list at U$115.00. Also in silver and gold (with gold contacts they say are somewhat better) and they go for U$135.00. I'm tempted to stop over and pick up a set.

Jn
Old 14 Jul 2004, 05:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

like acupuncture for your car

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 03 Aug 2004, 04:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Did anyone try this or get more information or do I smell snake oil?[:I]

Jn[8D]
Old 03 Aug 2004, 06:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

[:I]I am wondering about the effectiveness of this, too. I note that on EBay, under the headidng of "pt cruiser", two different sellers are offering this grounding system. One comes without directions and is about ten dollars, and the other one comes with directions and is less than twenty dollars. If this system is worth a darn, why is there such a big difference in price from the sellers on EBay, and the retailers? Are the EBay sellers using smaller gauge wire and inferior terminals, or are the retailers trying to rip us off? I am not sure, but it sure makes you wonder.
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:52 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JPMS GT

Did anyone try this or get more information or do I smell snake oil?[:I]

Jn[8D]
Got a friend putting one on his GT. Will see him this Sunday and check it out. He's going to come up with a how to install guide complete with the wire lengths and where to ground. I'll be installing a kit soon after I check his out. Keep in mind you can get the hyper ground kit through both Toyota and Honda dealers so it's not snake oil. The kits on ebay are cheap imitations with poor/wrong quality wires and connectors.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 04 Aug 2004, 10:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

[?]Mean Green, thanks for your opinion on the EBay products. I agree with you, the products on EBay are probably made from left over speaker wire and terminals from Radio Shack. What do they say? That you get what you pay for? Please share with the rest of us the installation and any noticeable differences.
Old 04 Aug 2004, 05:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks, Tom! I'm interested to see how it works out.

John