Advertisements
autometer water temp gauge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jul 2004, 07:23 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj
Default autometer water temp gauge

Hello all,
Does anyone have a autometer water temp gauge installed on there Turbo Pt ??? Where did you put the sending unit in the block or head at to read the water temp?????

Don
Old 19 Jul 2004, 08:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

This is a question that I would like to know too.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 10:45 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Guys, I have the autometer water temp gauge in my GT. (its a mechanical gauge) but an elec. sender can be mounted the same way. Autometer makes a manifold for trans temp and water temp gauges. It is a 1/2' Tee. The sender is installed in one leg of the Tee with an extender bushing if necessary. 3/8 inch hose barbs are threaded into the other 2 openings. There is a rubber hose that connects the two metal tubes that water cool the turbocharger. Install the T setup in that rubber line and toy're good to go. I'll see if I have some pics of this. I know that I posted on this. I'll search for the post also...
Old 19 Jul 2004, 10:55 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Here is the link with a pic and a parts list:
You don't have to drill, The metal turbo water cooling lines are connected by a hose just under the the front elbow of the air inlet pipe between the outlet of the Intercooler and the inlet on the throttlebody. That hose (3/8 ID) can be removed and be replaced by 2 hoses connected to a 1/2: brass Tee fitting. The configuration would be like this: Out of the cooler line on top into one section of thr TEE. Out from one of the other ports in the TEE to the other metal cooler line. A 1/2 in bushing (Long neck) can be used to insert the mechanical temp probe. I know this sounds complicated but it is really not. I'll get some pics tomorrow and add them to this post. The hardest part of the whole thing is routing the temp probe thru the firewall as the probe line, connection to the gauge, and connection to the temp probe are all 1 piece and cannot be disconnected. I have my gauge connected this way, as well as Flashback2. Thats where I got the connection data from. I'll post Pics Tomorrow its too Dark to take good pics now.

AS PROMISED Here is a pic:

[img]

Parts needed:
Qty. 1 (1/2" Brass Tee fitting)
Qty. 2 (1/2" brass Male hose barbs for 3/8 ID Hose)
Qty. 4 (standard hose clamps for 3/8: ID Fuel line)
Qty. 1 (4 or 5 ft length of 3/8" ID Fuel line)
Qty. 1 (roll of teflon thread sealing tape)
Qty. 1 (autometer mechanical water temp gauge)
gauge comes with all the rest of parts needed
for installation.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 07:52 pm
Regular Cruiser

I was checking this out and I noticed a plug in the side of the head on that side of the motor. Does anyone know if this is a plug for the water jacket or the oil jacket ????

Don Funk
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 22 Jul 2004, 10:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dfunkdj

I was checking this out and I noticed a plug in the side of the head on that side of the motor. Does anyone know if this is a plug for the water jacket or the oil jacket ????

Don Funk
it is an oil plug , if you look on gearheads pic you see his oil sensor in that plug hole.

tommy
Old 23 Jul 2004, 05:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hey did your electric gauge rad right when you first put it on mine seams to want to jump around. I treads a little below 180 is this right ??? What oil sensor is that hooked into the head on your car also ??

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">