Changing Muffler

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 May 2019, 04:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Changing Muffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
I am calling bullshit on this one. Unless it is a typo. You meant high 20's, right? You may have seen 30, but you have never seen "high 30's" unless you rolled it downhill in idle. I am skeptical of the high 20's too, but these things did/do not see high 30's.
what ever!

ROLMAO dude Really?? And most likely never went and looked at all the picture in my thread about my PT??? LOL

Simple math formula's, lets see the basic PT with a STAGE one claims 230 Hp add 75 N20 that is 305. Lets call that at the crank. Simple removal of some unneeded parts and an almost empty fuel tank you should be at about 2900lbs. That makes it if you cut a good light and can pull 16psi steady that is high 12's.

My Pt is slightly better...ROLMAO!!!

Oh and here is a very short run that I have posted many times on this forum with monitors for you to do some simple math and figure out what my PT might do in the 1/4. LOL

Video's are hard to contest! LOL
Oh and I DID NOT RUN THIS TEST WITH THE NITROUS... and auto shifted not manual shifted the run. So I never got to 6800 which is where the engine speed limits were set at the time. ROLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

podo2000 likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 17 May 2019 at 04:19 pm.
Old 17 May 2019, 04:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
what ever!

ROLMAO dude yRealluy?? And most likely never went and looked at all the picture in my thread about my PT??? LOL

Simple math formula's, lets see the basic PT with a STAGE one claims 230 Hp add 75N20 thats 305. Lets call that at the crank. Simple removal of some unneeded parts and an almost empty fuel tank you should be at about 2900lbs. That makes it if you cut a good light and can pull 16psi steady thats high 12's.

My Pt is slightly better...ROLMAO!!!

Oh and here is a very short run that I have posted many times on this forum with monitors for you to do some simple math and figure out what my PT might do in the 1/4. LOL

Video's are hard to contest! LOL

Not questioning your quarter times. I am questioning your gas mileage. I question the 2900 lbs too, but that is neither here nor there. I don't believe you will get high 30's. Not ever, let alone on average. Especially with an automatic. Your cars EPA was 19/24/21. You aren't seeing high 30's from taking the rear seats out and pumping up the tires.
Old 17 May 2019, 04:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Not questioning your quarter times. I am questioning your gas mileage. I question the 2900 lbs too, but that is neither here nor there. I don't believe you will get high 30's. Not ever, let alone on average. Especially with an automatic. Your cars EPA was 19/24/21. You aren't seeing high 30's from taking the rear seats out and pumping up the tires.
First I never said my actual PT weight in at 2900.... I used that as a off the top of my head and based on what I know a stock PT is and mine.
I got a STATE of CALIFORNIA scale slip on the weight so I knew what I was dealing with regarding trying to race the PT. They require the registration to get one. So really I know to within 5 lbs of actual weight of my PT Cruiser. The other thing is I do my own ECU Calibrating and have mentioned that I have a calibration specifically for MPG.

There are at least 4 members on this forum one active that knows my PT and may chime in if he reads this and post his impression of my PT's capabilities and he got a ride with one cylinder misfiring...LOL

This is like turning back the time machine as all this has been covered years ago. LOL

Not really interested in old sheet again. Go look around the forum a little more....honestly you may find a few things out about my PT you didn't know???

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 17 May 2019 at 04:30 pm.
Old 17 May 2019, 04:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
First I never said my actual PT weight in at 2900.... I used that as a off the top of my head and based on what I know a stock PT is and mine.
I got a STATE of CALIFORNIA scale slip on the weight so I knew what I was dealing with regarding trying to race the PT. They require the registration to get one. So really I know to within 5 lbs of actual weight of my PT Cruiser. The other thing is I do my own ECU Calibrating and have mentioned that I have a calibration specifically for MPG.

There are at least 4 members on this forum one active that knows my PT and may chime in if he reads this and post his impression of my PT's capabilities and he got a ride with one cylinder misfiring...LOL

This is like turning back the time machine as all this has been covered years ago. LOL

Not really interested in old sheet again. Go look around the forum a little more....honestly you may find a few things out about my PT you didn't know???
Okay, so it weighs 2900. Fair enough. What other weight reduction did perform besides rear seat/spare tire delete? I still don't see what you did to it that gets you to 30 mpg, let alone high 30's. 500 lbs will get you (if you are extremely lucky) 10% improvement - so an extra 2.4 mpg. I read your build thread back then, other that weight reduction, what did you do for increased mpg? You're saying that you have a tune that increases your mpg by 10? Better than 30%? I repeat my previous statement.
Old 17 May 2019, 04:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Okay, so it weighs 2900. Fair enough. What other weight reduction did perform besides rear seat/spare tire delete? I still don't see what you did to it that gets you to 30 mpg, let alone high 30's. 500 lbs will get you (if you are extremely lucky) 10% improvement - so an extra 2.4 mpg. I read your build thread back then, other that weight reduction, what did you do for increased mpg? You're saying that you have a tune that increases your mpg by 10? Better than 30%? I repeat my previous statement.
I will say it took some testing.

Besides its easy...the few basic fundamentals are, go into the ECU adjustments, go to fueling
Reducing fueling by 17% at a linear rate from 1800 to 3300 rpm ,then go to timing tables add 12 degrees more advance beginning at 2500 rpm again set all the changes in a linear rate up to 3300 rpm. Then for safety go to fan control set Cycle fans full at 155F with no AC.
This will run the engine AFR slightly leaner and you must make sure to do not boost more then 8psi or for short passes more then a few seconds at higher boost. SIMPLE!!!! Now even you can get high 20 MPG into the 30+ MPG on a 2.4 PT Cruiser. lol

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 17 May 2019 at 04:54 pm.
Old 17 May 2019, 04:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
I am not the only one that gets that?? BUt I will say it took some testing.

Besides its easy...the fundamentals are, go into the ECU adjustments, go to fueling
Reducing fueling by 17% at a linear rate from 1800 to 3300 rpm ,then go to timing tables add 12 degrees more advance beginning at 2500 rpm again set all the changes in a linear rate up to 3300 rpm. Then for safety go to fan control set Cycle fans full at 155F with no AC.
This will run the engine AFR slightly leaner and you must make sure to do not boost more then 8psi or for short passes more then a few seconds at higher boost. SIMPLE!!!! Now even you can get high 20 into the 30+ MPG on a 2.4 PT Cruiser. lol
I average around 26 mostly highway with the stock ECU, if I drive primarily for mpg. High 20's into 30 I can believe. I have gotten as high as 28 on a full tank and once saw 30, though it was a single tank, full low speed (50-55 mph) non-stop highway and I do not believe it is at all representative. Getting to the high 30's would be another 20%.
Old 17 May 2019, 04:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I average around 26 mostly highway with the stock ECU, if I drive primarily for mpg. High 20's into 30 I can believe. I have gotten as high as 28 on a full tank and once saw 30, though it was a single tank, full low speed (50-55 mph) non-stop highway and I do not believe it is at all representative. Getting to the high 30's would be another 20%.
You don't do bad for MPG??
I will say I think I meant my other car the MAZDA which I drive now more then my other cars. The PT I still had to drive with total awareness and yup under 65mph to get the best MPG. This was reserved only for weekend get away's and not DD obviously!

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 17 May 2019, 05:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I forgot to mention and after you said you read my build thread...I also run water /meth system. That also added to the overall performance of everything. Sorry! I just forgot. I have not talked about my own PT in over a year now...lol!

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 17 May 2019 at 05:10 pm.
Old 17 May 2019, 05:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

geeeeez... looks like you were right FK5....

MY PT Cruiser averaged overall mid to high 20's not mid 30 mpg. My Mazda gets mid to high 30 and my 1.6 MINI gets about the same as the PT.

Sorry dude I was wrong. To many cars...hey but when I am wrong I will say so.

sorry!!
Fk5 and rob302 like this.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 17 May 2019 at 05:13 pm.
Old 17 May 2019, 05:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
I forgot to mention and after you said you read my build thread...I also run water /meth system. That also added to the overall performance of everything. Sorry! I just forgot. I have not talked about my own PT in over a year now...lol!
Now that I have completely hijacked the muffler thread... do you have any more to add about the water meth system? Where did you put the nozzle? I plan to add a homebrew system. I know that you can put the nozzle in the intake and tune for it and probably get the best results. I am more interested as a failsafe - i hear that in that case, I should put it ahead of the IAT so that the car reads the cooler charge and adjusts accordingly. What are your thoughts?

I know I am continuing the hijack, but shelbyZ is pretty big on mods and I assume he is interested. I have been planning mine for 2-3 years, so he will probably add one before me even if he has never considered it.