Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hurst Installed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jul 2004, 03:39 am
Young Cruiser

Default Hurst Installed

Had my dealer install the STS two days ago and I'm quite impressed. Shifts much cleaner, even with the screwed up cables.(they are replacing them next week with the new seat that the leather was starting to crack, got to love the warranty!)

Anyway, best $200 I've spent. Debating on the Stage1 but i'd like to try it first, and on a lease car hard to spend the $. (At least with the Hurst I can sell it.)

Don
Old 31 Jul 2004, 03:52 am
Veteran Cruiser

My STS is being installed on Saturday.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 31 Jul 2004, 08:07 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Just got back from the dealer and having my Hurst installed. Love the shorter throws and the solid shifts now. As has been mentioned the shifter is a bit higher and the ball is bigger and I like both of these facts. The second to third shift is a lot shorter and more precise now. The fourth to fifth shift is shorter and more precise now, too. You don't feel like you are shifting forever when you go to fifth. All in all I'm very happy [?]

Old 31 Jul 2004, 08:27 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mean Green

Just got back from the dealer and having my Hurst installed. Love the shorter throws and the solid shifts now...All in all I'm very happy [?]
Hey, Mean Green, you're almost making me wish I had my 5-speed back! [8D] [8)]
Old 01 Aug 2004, 02:48 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by don668
...Debating on the Stage1 but i'd like to try it first, and on a lease car hard to spend the $...Don
End the debate...as, there is no debate IMHO[|)]...GO FOR IT! [8)] [8)] [8)]

I waited 8 months after the "S1 release" before taking the plunge because I wanted to be sure there were no "bugs" in the upgrade and to hear from people who had it installed on their cars. In all that I have read don't think one person has been unhappy with installing STAGE 1--certainly not me. It is a real shame [V] that DC does not offer S1 as an option on turbo cars ordered directly from the factory as they would have many more happy customers and profits would increase. Good luck. [?]
Old 01 Aug 2004, 08:28 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Just installed my shifter tonight in my garage. Kept the booger bushings on it, although getting the shoulder bolt through was a bitch. Install is easy, getting the old assembly out is a slight pain in the ass. The 1 to 2 is much quicker and def 2 to 3.
I like the ball now, the one I had on my 01 LE had a white ball with a clear top with a sticker under it. This one has the shift pattern at least burned into it.
Got mine from Tommy Thrift for 164 shipped.
$0 on the install

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 01 Aug 2004, 10:02 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Just got back from taking my GT out to the back roads and really testing the Hurst. MAN! What a difference shifting on the twisties and going full bore through the gears. [8)][?]

Old 01 Aug 2004, 10:44 pm
Young Cruiser

I waited 8 months after the "S1 release" before taking the plunge because I wanted to be sure there were no "bugs" in the upgrade and to hear from people who had it installed on their cars. In all that I have read don't think one person has been unhappy with installing STAGE 1--certainly not me. It is a real shame [V] that DC does not offer S1 as an option on turbo cars ordered directly from the factory as they would have many more happy customers and profits would increase. Good luck. [?]
[/quote]

My biggest issue is I lease cars. So the shifter is no big deal, if I want I'll pull it in a year and a half and sell it for $100. The Stage1 is a bit different. Still thinking though... I can get it from my dealer buddy for $400cnd. What I'd like to see though is 1/4 mile times before and after.

As for the shifter its better than I expected. Just waiting for the linkage now.

Waiting to test drive the Magnum R/T

Don
Old 01 Aug 2004, 11:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

For an 04 turbo, the S1 is only the PCM. It'd be easier to pull that and sell it. All the dealer would need to do is flash the new VIN info...that is if the dealer lets you put in the S1 at all. They'll probably think you'll run it into the ground before the lease due date...

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 02 Aug 2004, 02:55 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT Redman

For an 04 turbo, the S1 is only the PCM. It'd be easier to pull that and sell it. All the dealer would need to do is flash the new VIN info...that is if the dealer lets you put in the S1 at all. They'll probably think you'll run it into the ground before the lease due date...
Actually they want me to put it in thats the kicker! My friend is the lease-back manager and he wamts to see what it will do.

Don