Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Champion Blowout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2004, 01:56 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Champion Blowout

Changed my plugs for new Champions at 35K, along with some new Magnacores. The unusual finding wasn't that the plugs were only slightly worn, the suprise was that ALL FOUR PLUGS HAD BLOWN THEIR CERAMIC/METAL SEAL.

The heat lines went from the metal jacket up the ceramic stem of the plug. One still had some sealing material loosely in the crevice between the jacket and stem.

Would an Iridium NGK be better sealed? This had to be robbing power from each compression stroke.

Another not so nice supprise was that the Jiffylube folks that charge me $65 for a Mobil One oilchange knocked the crancase ventilation hose off (open to mother natures worst).[8)]
Old 18 Aug 2004, 09:50 am
Cool Cruiser

65 bux for a Mobil one oil change??? They provided the oil, right? My Chrysler dealer does it for $18.00 if I provide the oil and the oil is like $20.00 at SAMS club. Let's see, 20 + 18 does not = $65.00. Hmmmmm, must be missing something.

Mike
Old 18 Aug 2004, 01:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

I had Jiffy Lube do my first change with Mobil 1 and got the same $65 bill - that was enough for me. I'm doing the rest at home now, using K&N oil filters and Mobil 1 from Wal-Mart. Another thing I noticed when I changed oil last week was that Jiffy Lube had used the oil filter for the N/A PT, not the turbo. Bastards! Only difference is that the turbo filter is a bit longer, otherwise the fit is the same. I say again - Bastards!
Old 18 Aug 2004, 07:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Kirby

Are you coming out to Fontana Sat? If so I have a set of NGK's that you can test out.

m~

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 19 Aug 2004, 01:53 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Would like to be there this weekend, I'll try.
Thanks[8)]
Old 19 Aug 2004, 07:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kirby

Another not so nice supprise was that the Jiffylube folks that charge me $65 for a Mobil One oilchange knocked the crancase ventilation hose off (open to mother natures worst).[8)]
Spend your next $65 on Rhino ramps ($20) an oil catch pan (maybe $10), Mobil 1 5-quart jug at WalMart (about $20), Filter (say, $5), and spend the remaining $5 on beer after you've changed it yourself..

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 19 Aug 2004, 01:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I have stands and equipment, but I use my PT for business and cannot afford a time consuming battle over warranty if something happens. At 70K I will change at home as I do with my 4 other cars.[8)]