Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Ultimate Turbo Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2004, 01:58 am
Young Cruiser

Default Ultimate Turbo Performance

Not really to do with the PT, but my friend who works at the Porsche dealer is lending me a 03' 911 Turbo to let one of my customers test drive. Gonna be hard going back to the PT!

Don
Old 19 Aug 2004, 05:00 am
Senior Cruiser

Take a couple friends and their golf clubs with you in the 911. Oh, wait, you can't.

Take a tent, a couple of sleeping bags, a big cooler and some fishing gear in the 911. Oh, wait, you can't.

Put a couple of mountain bikes and all your cycling gear in the 911. Oh, wait, you can't.

Now I'm not knocking the 911 - I love that car. But for the same price you could buy:

1. Economy car (sort of) - PT Cruiser N/A 5-speed
2. Sports car (with S1 & some suspension mods) - PT GT
3. Convertible (with some grunt) - PT GT Convertible
4. Station Wagon - what else? A PT of any iteration!

Heck, you'd still have a few bucks left over to mod them all and give them each their own personality. You might a new garage though.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 02:08 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange

Take a couple friends and their golf clubs with you in the 911. Oh, wait, you can't.

Take a tent, a couple of sleeping bags, a big cooler and some fishing gear in the 911. Oh, wait, you can't.

Put a couple of mountain bikes and all your cycling gear in the 911. Oh, wait, you can't.

Now I'm not knocking the 911 - I love that car. But for the same price you could buy:

1. Economy car (sort of) - PT Cruiser N/A 5-speed
2. Sports car (with S1 & some suspension mods) - PT GT
3. Convertible (with some grunt) - PT GT Convertible
4. Station Wagon - what else? A PT of any iteration!

Heck, you'd still have a few bucks left over to mod them all and give them each their own personality. You might a new garage though.
Point taken, but I still have to fold down one of my rear seats to get my clubs in, same with my mountain bike. If I could personally afford the Porsche, I could afford a second car for biking and such.

And as much as I love my PT, its not a sports car.(but a TON of fun!!)

Don
Old 19 Aug 2004, 05:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'm not old enought to play golf, and my mountain bike is in the mountains...but you could take a one blond in the 911!!!!!!![^]
Old 19 Aug 2004, 08:57 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JPMS GT

I'm not old enought to play golf, and my mountain bike is in the mountains...but you could take a one blond in the 911!!!!!!![^]
No doubt! Were back and all I can say is I NEED 415hp, and all wheel drive! Amazing car.

Don
Old 20 Aug 2004, 12:23 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:JPMS GT Posted - 08/19/2004 : 4:08:32 PM
I'm not old enought to play golf, and my mountain bike is in the mountains...but you could take a one blond in the 911!!!!!!!
Quote:
quote:don668 Posted - 08/19/2004 : 7:57:00 PM
No doubt! Were back and all I can say is I NEED 415hp, and all wheel drive! Amazing car.
Now see, I thought I had a good argument for the PT, but when you guys start getting REALLY logical about things, well, I'm not so stubborn as to never listen to someone else's opinion! 415HP, all wheel drive, and insert-name-of-your-favorite-blond-here. Opinion swayed.[8D]
Old 20 Aug 2004, 12:30 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Apples and ornges....have fun with it

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 20 Aug 2004, 01:25 am
Young Cruiser

Driving home I was still quite impressed how much performance my PT has. None of the dreaded "oh god I'll never be happy again".

On another note, another customer of mine who ownes a few different sports cars ('04 Viper, M3, 911 turbo, GT500kr) loves driving my PT! Says something.

Don