PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Shifting with Autostick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Sep 2004, 03:38 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie
Default Shifting with Autostick

I have an '04 GT with Autostick. I want to maximize the shifting with the autostick. I used to drive a stick back in highschool, which was a long time ago To get the maximum performance, I would normally shift up when I can feel the car is not gaining any more speed (not redlining of course). Should I follow the same principle with my '04 GT? If not, what speed or RPMS should I shift to 2nd? To 3rd? To 4th?
Old 03 Sep 2004, 02:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by crazie.eddie

I have an '04 GT with Autostick. I want to maximize the shifting with the autostick. I used to drive a stick back in highschool, which was a long time ago To get the maximum performance, I would normally shift up when I can feel the car is not gaining any more speed (not redlining of course). Should I follow the same principle with my '04 GT? If not, what speed or RPMS should I shift to 2nd? To 3rd? To 4th?
Under normal driving situations shift when it feels right, just like you did in the old days with your stick. If you want top performance off the line, pedal-to-the-metal (as they say) in first gear and let the car do the shifting at each gears red line.

\'03 GT Inferno Red AutoStick - Stage 1 - Air Box Mods & K&N Filter - AMX Intake Down Pipe - Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust - Magnacor 8.5mm Ignition Wires - Pin Stripping - Chrome Side Spears - Chrome Tail Light Covers - Chrome Fuel Door - E&G Custom Grill - Painted Rear Mud Guards - 3-D Liquid Flames - Chrome/Red Neon Washer Nozzles - Interior Neon
Old 07 Nov 2011, 01:07 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to niel
Question Re: Shifting with Autostick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich_132003 View Post
Under normal driving situations shift when it feels right, just like you did in the old days with your stick. If you want top performance off the line, pedal-to-the-metal (as they say) in first gear and let the car do the shifting at each gears red line.
Hi there... so I have the autostick and im afraid to hurt something in the tranny... but I read your post and I was wondering if the autostick would auto change gears up when in red line? is not bad? I mean... I onece or two times been cruising like 65 mph in freeway and need it to get to and near exit... so I engaged the autostick and saw that I was in 4th gear ( I remembered rule no1... never boost in 4th gear) so I let of a little the gas and then still in 65mph shift to 3rd and hit the pedal to the floor... I was doing 75+ in like 2 seconds and bosting constant 11psi then chage to 4th and stop boosting of course and reach 90 mph... but I dont know if thath hurt my transmission and if I still doing it would it hurt it?... thank you