Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mounting a boost gauge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Sep 2004, 07:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Mounting a boost gauge

What are people doing to mount a 2 1/16" boost gauge without a pillar pod? I see single mounting brackets but they are only for a 2" gauge. I'd like to mount it on the steering column or in front of the little cubby hole above the cup holders.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 03:11 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

I was thinking about mounting them in the cubby also, but if you are actually going to look at them, you are taking your eyes away from the road drastically. That and you may get some weird glare from your cupholder light at night. I then also thought about the column, but being tall, and having to have the wheel in the higher tilt position it would block all the other gauges. They also make gauge pods that mount on a flat surface. They have them at Andy's Auto Sport here I thought about this on top of the dash, center. But after all that, I think that the pillar looks the best, and has a more finished look. That, and it is easier to install, especially for the weekend mechanic. I bought my pillar pod (dual) for about 60 bucks. This is the average price I have found after lots of searching because I hate paying full price if I don't have too.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"
Old 19 Sep 2004, 10:09 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to hoopdiewagon

Im kinda diggin on the ones that mount over the steering column. Im not sure if they make one for the Cruiser though. Im sure you could modify the SRT version to fit. The only differnce I noticed between the two is the size of hte hazard button. That Cruiser one is HUGE! Unless the measure different, I just did a quick visual.