Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stock DP, hi-flow cat & 2.5" exhaust???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2004, 10:00 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Stock DP, hi-flow cat & 2.5" exhaust???

I'm contemplating having the local muffler shop fab up a 2.5" exhaust system, but I'm also looking to use a hi-flow catalytic convertor. Since I don't really want to deal with having to replace anything from the cat up, will it be possible? What size is the stock inlet to the catalytic? If it's not 2.5" (which I'm assuming it's not), do they make cats with different inlet & outlet sizes? [:I] I'm just trying to reduce as much of any bottlenecking as possible without having do replace the $$$ downpipe...

Thanks in advance! [8D]
Old 01 Oct 2004, 01:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

I would just contact look here http://www.maxxfab.com/welcome1.html
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 02 Oct 2004, 03:49 am
Cool Cruiser

Cal Cruzer has it right,Maxx fab is the way to go,
the only way. Scott does great work, why screw around
and try to be cheap.
Old 02 Oct 2004, 04:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

There are other options available so I suggest you research this well before you decide. I have been researching exhaust options for awhile now and there are many and even more comming soon, one reason I have not decided yet! Patience before you plunk your $$$ down.

Cal Cruzer and Culprat do you have the max fab unit? If so, could you post your pic's of it.
Old 02 Oct 2004, 08:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

The stock DP has another sensor besides the o2 inside you would have to deal with if you replace the cat and not run a code. Has anyone verified this?

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 04 Oct 2004, 04:07 am
Cool Cruiser

Yes I do,I'll post when I get prints back.
Old 04 Oct 2004, 10:31 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sakigt

The stock DP has another sensor besides the o2 inside you would have to deal with if you replace the cat and not run a code. Has anyone verified this?
Jeez, I never even considered that. [xx(]

So when everyone's getting the dual Borlas, Heartthrob, etc, I take it then, that everyone's using the stock catalytic?

Ahhh!! So that explains the big deal about wanting to replace the downpipe cuz w/o replacing the cat, you're still getting a bottleneck BEFORE the cat, despite having a 2.5"+ exhaust exhaust FROM the catalytic.

Man, I can't believe it never made sense until I actually started thinkin' about it. [|)]

D'oh!!

Thanks to everyone for their input!

2003 Patriot Blue GT
\"R\" Package
Autostick
K&N drop-in w/both airbox silencers removed
Brand \"X\" Turbo-up pipe
Old 04 Oct 2004, 02:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ptgtcb

There are other options available so I suggest you research this well before you decide. I have been researching exhaust options for awhile now and there are many and even more comming soon, one reason I have not decided yet! Patience before you plunk your $$$ down.

Cal Cruzer and Culprat do you have the max fab unit? If so, could you post your pic's of it.
I don't have one but it is on my wish list. Who else is coming with one? I would not mind comparing units when they are available, cost etc.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 04 Oct 2004, 02:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sakigt

what other sensor are you referring to? As far as I know O2 sensors are the only ones in the exhaust tract. Maxxpab will install an additional bung for things like a AF gauge O2 sensor or a EGT sensor.
Old 04 Oct 2004, 10:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cal Cruzer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ptgtcb

I don't have one but it is on my wish list. Who else is coming with one? I would not mind comparing units when they are available, cost etc.
Trubendz has a 2.5" and a 3" DP in S.S. and aluminized, they will also add extra O2 bungs etc, call or e-mail them. PT Tuning is supposed to come out with one soon. Both, I beleive [:I], are also working on an O2 housing.