Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pillar Pod and Gauges

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Oct 2004, 01:19 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Pillar Pod and Gauges

Just ordered a pillar pod, boost gauge and EGT gauge. My question is how hard is it to run the wires and tubing down the inside of the pillar? Is it a pain in the drain? Are there any tricks to it? Where do the wires and tubing come out? Underneath the dash next to the wall? I've read you can run the wires and tubing through the grommet for the hood release. Is this true? Also, what does the EGT wire and sensor connect to? I've heard it is clamped to the downpipe or somewhere on the exhaust. True? Glad I'm getting a boost gauge. Next will be the AGP billet adjustable wastegate and I need a boost gauge to be able to adjust it. Hyracer is coming over with his wife a week from this Saturday (if it doesn't rain otherwise we'll shoot for Oct. 30-31) to help me install everything. Then on Sunday (17th or 31st) we all are going to the track to watch him run his ass kicking Corvette. Can't wait for that!
Old 07 Oct 2004, 01:34 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

the pillar pod goes on over the existing pod. tap the orange wire in the pillar for your dimming illumination. the egt will need 12v power which you can get from the yellow wire. pull down on the piece directly under the steering column (has hinge at bottom) then pull fuse cover, grab inside and yank that piece off (be sure to pull straight out it has alignment pins on the back) I used some lashing wire to fish the wires through the grommet and it worked great. to install the egt you'll need to drill a 1/4" hole in the exhaust as close to the turbo as you can. good luck
Old 07 Oct 2004, 03:14 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RallyDRock

the pillar pod goes on over the existing pod. tap the orange wire in the pillar for your dimming illumination. the egt will need 12v power which you can get from the yellow wire. pull down on the piece directly under the steering column (has hinge at bottom) then pull fuse cover, grab inside and yank that piece off (be sure to pull straight out it has alignment pins on the back) I used some lashing wire to fish the wires through the grommet and it worked great. to install the egt you'll need to drill a 1/4" hole in the exhaust as close to the turbo as you can. good luck
Thanks RallyDRock. I have a question. Grab inside and yank what piece off?

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 07 Oct 2004, 10:13 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mean Green

Quote:

Thanks RallyDRock. I have a question. Grab inside and yank what piece off?
I think he means to grab the pillar pod and pull it off.
Old 07 Oct 2004, 01:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Which pod did you get and where from? Every pod I check out needs to be painted and I'm not the Krylon King.

Borla Duals, unecessary Airad CAI Thing, 18\" Boyd\'s Smoothies, and she\'s dropped an inch or two.

www.amazingarthur.com
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/559523/1
Old 07 Oct 2004, 08:53 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CJJ

check with TThrift. Chrysler has a spray can with color to match the interior
Old 07 Oct 2004, 09:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

dont just yank the pillar, start at the top and pry it off with just your fingers.
the yanking is for the fuse box piece, which has the alignment pins, mine fits really tight so i take off the small acess door and grab with two hands on the inside of the fuse area and pull straight out.
Old 08 Oct 2004, 01:03 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:

dont just yank the pillar, start at the top and pry it off with just your fingers.
the yanking is for the fuse box piece, which has the alignment pins, mine fits really tight so i take off the small acess door and grab with two hands on the inside of the fuse area and pull straight out.
I'm a bit lost (sometimes since birth). Why am I yanking this off?

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 08 Oct 2004, 06:06 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mean Green
I'm a bit lost (sometimes since birth). Why am I yanking this off?
You have to remove the OEM A pillar cover in order to run the gauge wires & splice into the dash lights dimmer wire.
Old 08 Oct 2004, 11:37 am
Fanatic Cruiser

RallyD, the yellow wire for the tap for the EGT goes to what fuse source?

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html