Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
OEM BOV anyone have pic's or drawings?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2004, 12:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default OEM BOV anyone have pic's or drawings?

[:I]I figured with everyone replacing the OEM BOV with mopar BOV that someone would have pictures or schematics.I was curious as to what the BOV consisted of ( all the internal parts )and how it would be different from the mopar BOV.I also had seen in the forums a "surge valve" reference, but not sure where it is or what it looks like.The SRT forums make references as well, but so far no one has posted actual pictures.Hope someone can help, thank you.
Old 09 Oct 2004, 02:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

The mopar BOV is the blue plate

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 09 Oct 2004, 08:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to hoopdiewagon

The hardest part would probably be accessability. The pic above pretty much tells you all you need to know. Just slips between. I installed one on my SRT and it was kind of a pain to fit a wrench in there. Probably the same on the Cruiser. Of course, its all worth it once its done.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 04:54 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

I understand one for the bolts is easily accessible from underneath the car, so can all 3 bolts be removed from underneath? I'm having a friend install my sway bars next week. Since my car will be on a lift, we might as well do the BOV as well.

Also, can someone provide a pic of where it should be changed? The above photo is great, but it's too close, so I can't tell where to look. The diagram on the instructions are blurred, so it's hard to tell.

One last question, So the Mopar is a replacement of the stock? I thought it was just added, not replaced?

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 10 Oct 2004, 11:14 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde

it replaces nothing, its like an extention of it.

Now with stage 1

Just a GT... Thats tearin\' arse on the driveway.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/themanfrmokinawa

14.626 @ 94.74
stage 0 , intake and exhaust only.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 12:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

[:I]sakigt,the picture looked great, but I am trying to see what the internal parts of the OEM bov consists of and how the air pressure is routed. I thought with so many people removing the OEM bov that someone would have taken the bov apart,unless it's modular and crimped. I am just trying to understand exactly how the unit works and then why other aftermarket bov's would be better. The mopar unit, or spacer just appears to be a noise maker. Thanks for the input.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 03:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

The stock valve dumps the air back into the inlet to the turbo. The Mopar bov blocks the inlet and dumps the air to atmosphere. You can not take it apart and I would not try since you have to reuse it. They are all noise makers. The bov function is already there, this device just adds the noise.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 08:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

[?]Thanks for the input ptgtcb. I really don't like noise anyway and if the OEM bov does what it's suppose to don't screw with it.My hang up is I like to see how things work, or how they were intended to function. Exploded view drawings or assembly drawings will tell the tale. Thanks again for the info.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 11:41 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Littlebluegt, the Mopar BOV has no internal parts. Just the blue adapter and a gasket. Accessible is a relative term. I could get at that bolt, the one near the oil line with difficulty. Use a 10mm ratchet and you can get it. An extra pair of hands to hold the oil line out of the way would help a lot to seat the last bolt better or more easily.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 11 Oct 2004, 09:32 am
Cool Cruiser

[:I]ptgt, I was making reference to the OEM bov. I figured that there was a spring closing a valve seat and when pressure was released the waste gate would start to open as I saw only one orange line.I was aware that the mopar bov was just a plate with no internal parts. thanks!