PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
ATR Performance Exhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Oct 2004, 11:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to R3dWhitNCrz
Default ATR Performance Exhaust

Has any tried the ATR 2.5 performance cat back system? [:I] I'm thinking about giving them a shot, just worried about noise level.
Hope to get some positive feedback.

www.atrperformance.com

Thanks [?]
Old 12 Oct 2004, 01:11 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde

not sure if it is designed for the turbo, so i dont think this is the right section for it. Otherwise, looking at the description, makes me think that it will be like a ricer "fart can" sound. if you like it, go for it.

Now with stage 1

Just a GT... Thats tearin\' arse on the driveway.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/themanfrmokinawa

14.626 @ 94.74
stage 0 , intake and exhaust only.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 10:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to retroman715

It says it has a viscious sound like a cat. I think it will be too loud.
I'm putting on a heartthrob 2.5 exhaust on my 04 turbo this weekend so I'll let yas guys know how it sounds and if there is any performance improvements.

retroman[8)]
Old 12 Oct 2004, 11:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

The company mainly deals with forced induction systems, I think it has been tested with turbos. thanks for your input.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 10:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i have it sounds killer it is not a ricer sound but not a totally quiet the max fab downpipe works exilent with this you deffintatly feel the turbo spool faster and pull harder
Old 13 Oct 2004, 11:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

I contacted ATR Performance before purchasing the Mopar/Borla system but decided against the ATR system. The reason was that ATR said their PT exhaust system isn't compatible on a lowered PT.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|
Old 14 Oct 2004, 10:05 am
Regular Cruiser

Purplept, thanks for the heads up!! How low did you go? I have Eibach dropping me about 2". Why can't it be used with lowered vehicles? Did they give you a reason? I will try to contact them for myself. thenks for getting back to the forum.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 03:46 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hello All,

I just spoke with the staff at ATR and found out that the reason they are saying can't/should'nt/may not be used on lowered PT's is because they have not tryed it. I found out that they have used and sold the units, but none have been on lowered Cruisers. They don't know if it will affect the system when a car is lowered. I am going to find out if the owner plans on lowering his PT to test. I told them they may be missing out on hundreds or thousands of units sold by not having this information. I was quoted that it has a 17hp gain!! Not bad, huh?! Just thought you all should know.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 07:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

17 flywheel hp? Dyno proven under what load conditions?? Zero gravity? What a tool. Just for the fact that he straight lied is enough to not buy that exhaust.

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 15 Oct 2004, 10:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

R3dWhitNCrz--I dropped the front about 2" and the rear about 2.5" which is real easy with either the Mopar Stage 2 or 3 coilovers or the KW coilover kits. I tried going even lower but the handling suffered.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|