Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Peace of mind-spark plugs "6" hr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Oct 2004, 03:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Peace of mind-spark plugs "6" hr

[8)]I just received and installed the new NGK #2315 iridium spark plugs, heat range "6", p/n LZTR6AIX-13.The pt idles smooth, even when cold and accelerated strong and smooth. The heat range should be ideal for the GT turbo with less chance of detonation as to the other plugs offered in the past.The NGK #4306 worked ok, but you could see they were still on the hot side as the plug looked clean and white upon removal. These new plugs should last a long time!
Old 13 Oct 2004, 04:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Are those the ones that require the special ignition wires and stuff, or are they a direct replacement for the factory plugs?
Old 13 Oct 2004, 06:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange

Are those the ones that require the special ignition wires and stuff, or are they a direct replacement for the factory plugs?
I did some research on this Mike. No you do not need the special wires and tool for this one. It is a direct replacement. I'm going to order me a set. A colder plug is what I've been waiting for.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 13 Oct 2004, 07:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

The denso plugs require special socket and plug wires, the NGK's are direct replacement and a dam good looking plug! I ordered Bosch premium plug wires that have a life time warrenty. They also only had 300 ohms resistance as compaired to the stock OEM wires that were 3000 ohms.I can't beleive the first set only lasted 7,500 miles.After that I went to Bosch wires.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 10:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Great info guys, thanks. I've already got the Magnecor wires and gapped my stock plugs to .042. I just might have to give these particular NGKs a shot.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 11:50 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

What did you gap the NGKs at?

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 14 Oct 2004, 12:58 am
Young Cruiser

The NGK Iridiums should come pre-gapped. What was the gap when you recieved them?
It is not recommended to re-gap Iridiums. The tips are extremely delicate. It can be done, but you must be very careful.
Where did you get them? price?

Thanx
Ant
Fully built HRC Turboed 2.4: Wiseco pistons, T2 rods, Port & Polished head (Bob Special) with oversize Stainless Steel valves, #14 Crane Cams, AF/X UDP, No balance shafts, Custom 3\" downpipe, 3\" hi flow exhaust, Ported GT intake manifold, Bored Throttle Body, 30 lb injectors, Water/Alc. injection
Old 14 Oct 2004, 01:22 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks. I just ordered a set of 4 at SparkPlugs.com and Magnecor 8.5mm (red) and Screamin Deamon coils from AutoTruckToys.com.

So I'm assuming that when I install them, I can buy a standard (if any) sparkplug socket?

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 14 Oct 2004, 01:37 am
Cool Cruiser

crazy, as long as you bought the NGK's, regular spark plug socket will do

Ant, I bought mine at sparkplugs.com here's some info:

NGK IX iridium
Stock Number: 2315
Part Number: LZTR6AIX-13
Unit Price: $7.60

use the stock # at sparkplugs.com to find the part.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 14 Oct 2004, 01:54 am
Fanatic Cruiser

When I did a search on Chrysler, PT Cruiser, 2004, 2.4L Turbo, I got the following:

Stock # 2314
Part # LZTR5AIX-13

Those are the ones I ordered. Unfortunately, the part numbers you gave above...
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rice_killing_GT
I bought mine at sparkplugs.com here's some info:

NGK IX iridium
Stock Number: 2315
Part Number: LZTR6AIX-13
Unit Price: $7.60
...do not give a description as to what vehicle they are for.