Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar Cold Air Intake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2004, 06:50 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Mopar Cold Air Intake

Has anybody installed the Mopar Cold Air Intake. I've been debating to go aftermarket or go totally Mopar. Since I have been waiting for Satge II before I did any mods there is finally a good amount of Mopar goodies to get for the PT. Even though its off subject I plan on getting Stage 2 coilovers , Anti sways, LSD, Stage 2 when available, Catback Duals, BOV all mopar and in that order. The Mopar line-up for the PT looks bamn good. And you know when you've got a classic like a PT, you want to keep it within the family. I know your all gonna say the Coilovers are manufactured by KW and the LSD is Quaife, Duals are Borla, etc. But why not show Mopar that its worth the research and development for the PT. Besides everything is color coordinated cool blue. So for me anyways I think I'm going to go Mopar silly and go mod crazy for the next few months. So back to my original question any yeahs or nays for the Mopar CAI?
Old 19 Oct 2004, 12:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

The Mopar CAI is the K&N unit if I remember correctly. The only R&D that they did was figure out how to put a Mopar sticker on it.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 19 Oct 2004, 07:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Right on, this might be one Mopar part I'll skip.
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 19 Oct 2004, 07:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

That CAI is for a NA PT only.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 19 Oct 2004, 09:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

THere is nothing wrong with going all Mopar products. Other aftermarket vendors exists as they offer a variety of different styles, not necessarily any improvements that greatly differentiates itself from other aftermarket and Mopar products.

Most of your improvement will come from the Stage 1 setup, maybe Stage 2 if it ever comes out.

A side note, the LSD is only for the Getrac 5-Speed Manual GT's. In addition, I have not heard of the release of the LSD as of late.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 04:01 am
Cool Cruiser

Damn you guys are right, guess I should read the fine print. Guess I'll have to go with BTG for the intake and the search goes on for some good LSD... sheets, sheets
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 20 Oct 2004, 12:05 pm
Young Cruiser

The NA CAI listed in the Mopar catalogs was built by Borla. K&N now makes FIPK2 kits for both Turbo and Non-Turbo models. I just installed one on my 2004 DC3 turbo and really like it, though it is a bit loud. Easy install, too.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/578198
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/DreamWeaver/
Old 20 Oct 2004, 01:27 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cal Cruzer

The Mopar CAI is the K&N unit if I remember correctly. The only R&D that they did was figure out how to put a Mopar sticker on it.
Thats $120K a year lol

Old 21 Oct 2004, 02:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Just FYI....

CAI are cool, but do nothing for a Intercooled turbo car

When all that air gets compressed it gets super heated, 10 degree difference before the turbo is going to make no difference after the intercooled.

Me and my buds have tried everything possible with the intake on my SRT, and nothing gave any better performance over stock. So 280 HP and 300 Tourqe, I'm running my stock box.

1972 Plymouth Duster (soon to be 440-6)
Old 21 Oct 2004, 02:28 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DaytonaGTS

Just FYI....

CAI are cool, but do nothing for a Intercooled turbo car

When all that air gets compressed it gets super heated, 10 degree difference before the turbo is going to make no difference after the intercooled.

Me and my buds have tried everything possible with the intake on my SRT, and nothing gave any better performance over stock. So 280 HP and 300 Tourqe, I'm running my stock box.

Got a K&N drop in filter in the factory box? Yeah, the only reason I'm running a cai is because where I have to mount the Greddy catch can makes it impossible to use the factory air box. There's just no room to mount the catch can anywhere else. I do have a 2" hose running from the opening next to the fog light up to the cai so I am getting cold outside air.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic