Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
aftermarket WGA & BOV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2004, 08:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default aftermarket WGA & BOV

There's to much non topic stuff to sift through doing a search. So, for those of you that have either a aftermarket WGA or BOV, please post your evaluations. Pro's or Cons. I'm ready to git'r done, but can't make up my mind. Forge, AGP, MOPAR S2 WGA ect...
Thanks,
KB
Old 21 Oct 2004, 02:24 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

I have an AGP 15 lb. Wastegate and the Mopar Blow off valve. I liked the wastegate for a while. Then, I installed the manual boost controller and now I love it. Just make sure you pipe in the wastegate directly to the turbo, otherwise if you go through solenoid 2 it will hold it at 30 lbs. of boost. Not so good. The boost controller I installed took lots of patience and tuning but I finally got it set up right, and it doesn't set overboost codes anymore. If you have stage 1, I think it is less sensitive to that. I installed the Mopar blow off valve for a couple of reasons. It is pretty loud, (which I like), it is easy to install, and the price was right. If you go with a Greddy or HKS or other BOV, you need an upcharge pipe fitting, the BOV itself, and the factory bov block off plate, unless you want to run both, like one guy does on here. I am thinking of switching to a sequencial (sp?) bov. I like the way that sounds plus it is something different from what I have. A little change now and then is good.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"
Old 21 Oct 2004, 08:39 am
Cool Cruiser

With the constant stone-walling by Mopar on the release of Stage 2, installing an aftermarket WGA and MBC or EBC is about your only option for increased HP other than adding nitrous. Even installing tuning software such as the Power-Paq, E-manage, or similar products require that you have an aftermarket WGA and boost-controller to maximise HP increases

AGP keeps saying they will have a direct fit WGA for our Cruisers anyday now. As far as boost-controllers many are already available and are being used by some of the members of this site and other PT sites.

Mixed reviews on the Mopar BOV and what is really better. They are primarily noise-makers and do work for what they are intended...until you start exceeding 18-20 lbs. boost from what I've read, then they may start leaking boost.

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 21 Oct 2004, 08:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thanks for the reply's. I hope more chime in though. Any thoughts on the BOV types that fit where the MOPAR BOV conversion plate go? I think FORGE and AGP make this kind. What's the diff in this type as opposed to the type that go on the UCP? I have Adam's ucp, but without a BOV flange. I like the clean look of it. Also, I thought I saw (maybe Hector @Exhaust Depot? with a BOV on the hotside pipe before the IC. Any thoughts on this. Guess I'll look him up. The SRT guys are selling their S2 wastegates for nearly as much as a aftermarket WGA. [:I] I think I read it has a 7lb spring as opposed to the stock 4lb. They're selling like hotcakes too![:0]
Thanks,
KB
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 22 Oct 2004, 09:46 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

I got the forge BOV I like it alot it has the a louder sound then the mopr BOV. You can also change the spring in it if you want even after you have it installed.. Just a warning though it is a fun task playing with the bolt behind the oil line going to the turbo !!!!!

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 22 Oct 2004, 10:17 am
Cool Cruiser

You call that bolt fun? Hmmmmm, so is a root canal.

Mike