Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Tuning Down Pipe for the GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Oct 2004, 07:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default PT Tuning Down Pipe for the GT

Well, I received an email from PT Tuning that said their DP is available. Unfortunately they gave me no specifics or prices and nothing on their website? I have a call into them? Just thought I would mention it.
www.pttuning.com
I am pretty sure it is 2 1/2" inlet/outlet. They have been pretty firm in their belief that we will not see a significant gain, if any, with a 3" DP. I questioned them and was told that they have been testing various sizes of exhausts and have come to that realization. We are not talking about 500 HP engine, but what the stock engine and SI produces and with what and SII could produce. The same goes with their 2 1/4 mandrel bent exhaust, testing did not show any gains compared with 3". This was a conversation I had over the phone, but it would be nice to see some numbers to back it up.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 07:01 am
Young Cruiser

Hey, that's great news!

Now I can get the downpipe to add to the BTG duals on my wife's PT. If it adds even a little performance and a little more sound, she'll be happy.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 11:24 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde

does anyone have a pic of another DP that they installed? was it hard?

Now with stage 1

Just a GT... Thats tearin\' arse on the driveway.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/themanfrmokinawa

14.626 @ 94.74
stage 0 , intake and exhaust only.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 11:28 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

I hope it includes a high flow exhaust. I'll have to give them a call on cost, since it doesn't seem to be in there website yet.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 24 Oct 2004, 02:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

They'll have to do a damn good job to beat Scott @Maxxfab's 3" DP for price, fit and finish. Keep us posted when it's available.
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 24 Oct 2004, 02:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OurPTGT

They'll have to do a damn good job to beat Scott @Maxxfab's 3" DP for price, fit and finish. Keep us posted when it's available.
Fit and finish would not be hard to beat. I guess you get what you pay for. Maybe he has improved upon what I have previously seen?

Just sent!

Pic's of the PT-Tuning pieces;

http://www.pt-tuning.com/performance..._TunedCat.html

http://www.pt-tuning.com/performance...oDownPipe.html
Old 25 Oct 2004, 12:59 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

WOW! T304 SS!! That looks SWEET!!! The DP looks rather short, compared to the other DPs I've seen. Also, I wonder what cat they're using.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 25 Oct 2004, 01:06 am
Senior Cruiser

So we're talking about almost $1100 for an exhaust if we use the cat back? [:0] I'm wondering if it's worth all that [:I]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 25 Oct 2004, 03:02 am
Senior Cruiser

Have we figured out where the bottleneck is for say stage 2 power?? I doubt I need to size my system for anymore than say 300 HP at the flywheel! Is this overkill or do I need it?? It was so much easier for me when a Chrysler engineer was available for questions!![8)]
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 02:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Boost

Wow, that is a beautiful setup.
I also feel that setup is pricy, but if you are going to do your exhaust, you should do it right and change everything downpipe back.

I'm just wondering if it will make a differance in performance with stage 2. From what I understand, stage 2 will work it's best with a completly stock engine. If that's the case, getting any intake or exhaust would be a waste of money.

I guess until a few people test it and prove weather or not it's worth it, I'll stick with stock and my warrenty.