Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Oil pressure sending unit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2004, 05:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Oil pressure sending unit

[:I]The oil pressure light goes on once in a while when the engine is cold. Turn off wait a couple of seconds, restart and the light goes out.Any one else with the same problem? I bought a new sending unit and found the oil pressure sending unit in a hard place to get to! There is a connector on it that is different than any others I have seen on the car.I tried to squeeze the two red buttons,tried to shift to one side and still won't come loose.I don't want to force anything and break it.Any one done this job yet?This is a real pain in the butt to get to and may require a special socket as it appears there isn't enough room for a wrench.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 09:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde

i have had the same problem for a long while. i just start it up again and its gone.

Now with stage 1

Just a GT... Thats tearin\' arse on the driveway.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/themanfrmokinawa

14.626 @ 94.74
stage 0 , intake and exhaust only.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 11:21 am
Senior Cruiser

Had mine done under warranty (only thing that has gone bad)and they did it in a few hours from the time I brought it in to the time they called me for pick up. They must have a special tool. The new sending unit has worked fine for me now for 20,000 miles.[8)]
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 02:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

[:I]I am not fond of the "five star" dealer. There is only one mechanic there that I trust and if he doesn't work on it I won't leave the car anymore.I have had several careless mechanics work on my car when Ron wasn't available, 4 lug nuts too tight, one loose enough to unscrew with my fingers. A simple oil change and oil was dripping from the pan and oil filter and the oil was at the minimum level. Ron was always neat and wiped everything clean.I went in for a miss and a pcm was ordered, a week later it came in. The mechanic installed it without disconnecting the battery! Afterwards when he said it was ready for me I asked is the miss gone he told me "if you don't like it bring it back in a few days". When I got back home I pulled the plugs and found #4 had the ceramic chipped off around the electrode, so at that point I knew I couldn't trust the dealer! I even contacted the service manager and got "well the mechanic was probably just buisy".Unless there is no other way around it I won't take it to the "five star dealer".I'm sure some of you have experienced the same sort of treatment.