PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Motor Mounts

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Oct 2004, 11:51 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Motor Mounts

[:I]Has anybody put new or heavy duty motor mounts on their GT's? Thought I read somewhere it makes wheel hop less of a problem. also less chance of breaking a mount. Anybody got any thoughts. I have a '03 GT with Stage 1, and a 5-speed with Hurst STS shifter.[8)]
Old 29 Oct 2004, 12:03 am
Senior Cruiser

do a search on motor mounts and I'm sure you'll get a few threads on it. [8] I just put in the Rex MM inserts. Not sure why, [:I] 'cause I didn't have any wheel hop issues with my auto tranny. Was just curious to see if they made a diff at the track or not. The jury's still out [:I] I think the 5sp have way more of any issue with this than the auto's.

Good luck! [8]
KB
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 29 Oct 2004, 01:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

I think wheelhop comes from weak suspension. I have kw coilover rally racing front and rear and have no wheel hop with 255/40/17's.
Old 29 Oct 2004, 02:46 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

OurPTGT, any problems with them yet? Like, rough idle?

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 29 Oct 2004, 08:13 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by go-vair

[:I]Has anybody put new or heavy duty motor mounts on their GT's? Thought I read somewhere it makes wheel hop less of a problem. also less chance of breaking a mount. Anybody got any thoughts. I have a '03 GT with Stage 1, and a 5-speed with Hurst STS shifter.[8)]
ihave a billet upper motor mount from Hector at exhaustdepot.com it was made for the srt4 neon but fits our cars just fine. you will only want to replace the upper mount b/c if you replace the upper and lower you will break the trans mount over time. the upper is plenty for street use and whel hop is gone and there isn't too much vibration in the car.

thanks tommy
Old 29 Oct 2004, 11:10 am
Regular Cruiser

I have the Psi-Fi motor mounts and I am very happy with them. They eliminated my wheel hop. I also just ordered their traction busings

They are having a group buy if you order before Nov 12.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92242
Old 02 Nov 2004, 05:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot

Some resent post show there mounts coming apart.

I dont know if there tractino setup fits the GT? IF it did it would be nice for the handling.
I dont know if the auto guys get as much hop? I know if you have a 5speed you will get plenty of wheel hop, especialy if you have done the spring mod or put in a stiffer wga cause the turbo spools up so much faster.

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.
Old 02 Nov 2004, 10:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I experienced wheel hop at the track on first PT trip 2 weeks ago. 3 out of 5 runs. So I have ordered an upper motor mount to see if that will change things and improve time.
Old 02 Nov 2004, 10:52 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exhaust Depot

I dont know if there tractino setup fits the GT? IF it did it would be nice for the handling.
I dont know if the auto guys get as much hop? I know if you have a 5speed you will get plenty of wheel hop, especialy if you have done the spring mod or put in a stiffer wga cause the turbo spools up so much faster.
The lower control arms have the same part number for both the SRT-4 and the PT. This will even work on a NA if someone wanted to improve the ride.
Old 02 Nov 2004, 11:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot

Thats good to know info.

If you yahoos deceide to install these lower pieces, becareful how you install it. We had a few srt guys snap the lower control arm where the bushing slids into. Dont overtighten them!

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.