Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chrysler Shows PT Speedster Concept AT SEMA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Nov 2004, 02:48 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Chrysler Shows PT Speedster Concept AT SEMA

Developed by and for true hot rod enthusiasts, the PT Speedster is equipped with a Borla dual exhaust, and generates 235 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, courtesy of the Mopar Performance Parts Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade kit. Four-wheel slotted disc brakes with twin-piston calipers from Stainless Steel Brakes add to the PT Speedster’s performance capability.

The Chrysler PT Speedster’s aggressive stance begins with a lowered suspension, courtesy of a Mopar Performance Stage 2 coilover suspension kit and a Mopar decklid spoiler. Budnik Wheels provided 18-inch custom wheels, which are wrapped in Bridgestone Fusion ZRi P235/40R18 tires. Mopar also contributes a sway bar kit, turbo boost gauge, blow-off valve and Hurst short-throw shifter. Custom floor mats were provided by Falcon Enterprises, and custom badging by Craft Originators.

A unique hood scoop from Quality Metalcrafters adorns the hood, while Katzkin leather seats and custom two-tone Brilliant Black over Viper Red paint adds to the dramatic appearance of the Chrysler PT Speedster.

SWEET! Wonder if it would come with a warranty [:I]
Old 03 Nov 2004, 03:24 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde

i would love to see a pic of the spoiler

Now with stage 1

Just a GT... Thats tearin\' arse on the driveway.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/themanfrmokinawa

14.626 @ 94.74
stage 0 , intake and exhaust only.
Old 03 Nov 2004, 07:19 am
Cool Cruiser

Wow the wheels and stance on that cruiser is perfect, 18" Budnik wheels and Bridgestone Fusions, with the coilover suspension fills the fenders nicely. Thats the look I'm going for.
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 04 Nov 2004, 04:08 pm
Young Cruiser

So where did they mount the boost gauge? What is the part number for the stage 1?
Old 05 Nov 2004, 10:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

If that comes with a warranty, I'll be demanding DCX to warranty Stage 1 .
Old 06 Nov 2004, 07:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

So, DC hears the cries for mopar parts to be under warranty, a hoods scoop, and a more sporty PT for people who dont just drive A to B.

Did they take a page from toyota and make mopar parts under warranty, sell a scooped hood via mopar, and become the great company that we can be proud of? NO!

Ok, but since they plan to make a cruiser with mopar stage upgrades and sexy parts under warrany, they have to make stage 1 for turbo pt owners covered under warrany to make sure current PT owners dont get mad, think they should have gotten a honda accord V6-6-speed, Acura RSX-S, even think they should have waited for the Scion Tc and get a faster, more reliable car, for less money, and with TRD parts covered by a real warranty, and mabye the PTs great looks dont overcome the companies crappy thinking..................

*Deep breath in*

That they might not buy the next gen PT cruiser?

@##$ NO! They make a special model that gets our mouths wet and charge a price that gonna be so high its silly!

Sorry for the monster post but I got my cruiser thinking mopar would be covered only to find out after its not. Thats just my rant!

Old 08 Nov 2004, 01:30 am
Fanatic Cruiser

The truth is; many of us know that modified suspension(springs & perf. shocks), mild tweaks to power, brake upgrades, and some "for real rubber" turns the PT into a pretty Darn good road vehicle.

I'll wager that if DC produced a limited edition that it would sell out immediately, cause some much needed buzz, and dramatically increase sales of our beloved PT![8)]
Old 10 Nov 2004, 12:03 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I think the idea that "if they make a performance vehicle with Stage-I-like-qualities with warranty means they should warranty Stage I for vehicles already sold" is flawed.

They will purposely not warrant existing Stage I's as a strategic fit with their overall objective - SELL CARS and milk the PT for everything they can get out of it.

This latest move to warrant a next-gen PT with Stage I qualities was probably thought of a long time before they marketed Stage I in the first place.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 12:33 am
Cool Cruiser

The next gen PT will probably have the Stage 1 PCM, but probably won't be referred as Stage 1 (rather it would be considered stock). Maybe Stage 2 will become Stage 1 for the next gen. []