Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Any feedback on NGK Iridiums?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Nov 2004, 03:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Any feedback on NGK Iridiums?

I was just curious to hear from other PT GT's that have installed the new NGK iridium spark plugs (LZTR6AIX-13). I am still happy with the performance and smooth idle since installing them. The SRT folks seem happy with them, but how about you guys?
Old 14 Nov 2004, 06:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to retroman715

They idle smoother than champions, thats the only difference I can tell. The Irridium plugs are no different than the standard NGK's as far as idle quality or performance and they are a lot less expensive.

Just my .02

retroman [8)]
Old 14 Nov 2004, 08:45 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

My idle is a little smoother also. I have yet to to a couple of 1/4 mile runs to see if I get any performance gains or not.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 14 Nov 2004, 08:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

My car runs from idle to full throttle a little smoother and feels stronger but not by much! MPG don,t seem much better either. I also put on MOPAR wires and did not regap them.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 02:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

I bought BOSCH premium plug wires from AUTO ZONE for the same price as the mopar set I purchased from the dealer.The stock mopar had 3800 olms resistance, the Bosch had 300 olms resistance and had heat shields on them.The Bosch also had a lifetime guarantee, mopar is to be replaced at 30K. My original mopars were replaced by the dealer at 3,500 miles.I did have to order them which took a couple of days.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 10:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

The reason I went with MOPAR for $40 is that I was real happy with the way they lasted on my Daughter's Neon. Originals lasted 60,000 and her MOPAR's have lasted that long and still look brand new! As far as the resistence is concerned I think the MOPARS are as good as most others including your Bosch. Also note that the wire runs are pretty short so resistence is not that big of an issue. The plug wires ane a nice blue and labled. Are they better than yours; Hell no!!! [8)]
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 11:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

SteelBlueGT take it easy!I was referencing the stock mopar plug wires that had to be replaced.I wanted to give people an alternative choice to plug wires other than what was being mentioned in the forums.Bosch is a well known name and will stand behind their product, and I thought the life time guarentee was neat.They came with removable shields, nice looking, but not fancy colors. They have 10 times less resistance and my car runs good on them.Others have complained that their new fancy wires took a crap early. Sometimes it's just not good to follow the heard, thats all I'm saying.Peace SteelBlueGT!
Old 16 Nov 2004, 04:08 am
Senior Cruiser

PEACE[8)]
Old 22 Nov 2004, 12:16 am
Fanatic Cruiser

do you need a special socket for these plugs? Also will the factory wires and boot work with them? Thanks..
Old 22 Nov 2004, 03:10 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

With NGK Iridiums, no special socket. Just a standard sparkplug socket, I think 5/8". The Denso Iridium plugs are the ones that require a special spark plug socket.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>