Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Exhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Dec 2004, 08:04 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Exhaust

I've read many of the threads, but still don't have an answer. Best exhaust system for performance while retaining some semblence of guiet (read, I don't want straight through or no mufflers cuz I gotta drive this thing) seems to be MaxxFab's downpipe coupled with the MOPAR/Borla duals. I seem to recall though, that one of our most admired but long departed DC experts (remember ThreeBar, the company pulled him off the forum) said the BTG single CAT back produced as much pressure relief as the duals for less $$$. IF there are threads I have missed in thre months of absence, please point me in the right direction.

thanks,

03 DC II, AMX up, cleaned-out stock box and 2" cool pipe. Stage I ordered.
Old 06 Dec 2004, 08:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

No matter what you do, you really aren't going to see a huge difference between exhaust and performance increases. I guess it really doesn't matter what kind of car is being debated, exhaust will always be a major topic. However, what it really comes down to is the sound because a couple of HP difference really is not noticable anyhow. Just find a look and sound that you prefer then swear up and down on all the boards that it is the best one and makes all kinds of power.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 07 Dec 2004, 01:24 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

The exhaust alone doesn't appear to make a big noticeable improvement on performance. Probably more noticeable when coupled with an good air intake system, better downpipe, and cat. I know it doesn't help you much regarding what brand to get, since most of everyone will direct you to what they have on their car. Also, nobody really has dyno'd their car running various types of exhaust, with various type of free flowing cats, with various types of downpipes, etc. So the best judgement would be from you. Whatever fits your wallet, the looks, and sounds, etc.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 07 Dec 2004, 01:23 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

I have read a few articals on exhaust systems. I see alot of 10hp gains with a good free lowing exhaust buy getting headers and free flowing mufflers. not sure about Turbos they do say that a free flow system will give you some increase but the nubers all depend on the turbo, intake, Blow off, WGA and a few other factors. But they all agree that it does improve perfromance.

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 07 Dec 2004, 01:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dfunkdj

But they all agree that it does improve perfromance.
Don
Hey Don...don't forget sound equals performance. Just ask any ricer. The louder it is the faster you seem to go!