Advertisements
high performance autostick transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Dec 2004, 09:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift
Default high performance autostick transmission

as you guys know i have been working with powertrain develoment
( power demon trans ) on making a stronge enough transmission for our gt cruisers. i told the owner i wanted to have a transmission that can hold over 400whp and tourqe with a warranty.

we have come up with a unit that meets our needs. this is only what i can remember right now what is in the trans. a full rebuild, borg warner high energy plates and steels, 5 gear harden planetaries, a billett convertor and a phontom grip lsd. with a 18 month warranty.

O.K. i know the price right ,the unit will sell for the same price through me or power demon

************** $2224.00 *****************

plus shipping both ways and a 850.00 refundable core charge. my unit will ship back to me this week and i will see about getting it in my soon.

thanks tommy
Old 07 Dec 2004, 11:12 pm
Young Cruiser

When you get details please provide as much info as possible. I would also like to hear details on the daily driving factor.
I am looking for a trans but am pretty specific in what I need.
I was looking to spend a max of $2000 so I will have to see what I can swing here, or my wife will be swinging at something (my head!).
Can PD customize a little? Ex. no LSD if customer wants to bring price down a little.

Ant
Fully built HRC Turboed 2.4: Wiseco pistons, T2 rods, Port & Polished head (Bob Special) with oversize Stainless Steel valves, #14 Crane Cams, AF/X UDP, No balance shafts, Custom 3\" downpipe, 3\" hi flow exhaust, Ported GT intake manifold, Bored Throttle Body, 30 lb injectors, Water/Alc. injection
Old 08 Dec 2004, 01:24 am
Cool Cruiser

Sound great Tommy. Will wait for more details.
Old 08 Dec 2004, 08:06 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ant

When you get details please provide as much info as possible. I would also like to hear details on the daily driving factor.
I am looking for a trans but am pretty specific in what I need.
I was looking to spend a max of $2000 so I will have to see what I can swing here, or my wife will be swinging at something (my head!).
Can PD customize a little? Ex. no LSD if customer wants to bring price down a little.

Ant
hi ant, i am sure that we can make some changes and if the lsd were left out you would be in your budget fine.

thanks and i will post more info once i get it back
tommy
Old 08 Dec 2004, 08:45 am
Cool Cruiser

Hi Tommy,

That actually is a very good price for what's being included In fact it's the best price I've seen yet and will make the Auto-Cruisers a terror at the track.

I love my 5-spd. but 20 years of drag-racing experiance confirms my notion that auto-trannies rule for 99% of the cars that run under 1,000 H.P. The majority of class winners run autos because they are deadly consistent and you can't outshift a race-prepped auto-trans with a stick car.

You can bet we all will be following you as you go through this turbo and trans upgrade[?]

Deen
GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 08 Dec 2004, 12:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hyracer

Hi Tommy,

That actually is a very good price for what's being included In fact it's the best price I've seen yet and will make the Auto-Cruisers a terror at the track.

I love my 5-spd. but 20 years of drag-racing experiance confirms my notion that auto-trannies rule for 99% of the cars that run under 1,000 H.P. The majority of class winners run autos because they are deadly consistent and you can't outshift a race-prepped auto-trans with a stick car.

You can bet we all will be following you as you go through this turbo and trans upgrade[?]

Deen

thanks deen and i will keep everyoe up to date on my progress

thanks tommy
Old 08 Dec 2004, 01:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

Would they sell us the parts so we could have a local shop do the rebuild ???? How long will it take once we send them our tranny to get the rebuilt one back?

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 08 Dec 2004, 02:36 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

Hey Tommy,
If we break our trannies and they are still coverd under warrentee do you think we can have it fixed using the parts from powertrain devolpment ??????

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 08 Dec 2004, 08:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Oooooh. Sounds awesome! Cant wait to see what you guys can put down that it. [8)]

14.67 @ 94.5 &lt;--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 08 Dec 2004, 11:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dfunkdj

Would they sell us the parts so we could have a local shop do the rebuild ???? How long will it take once we send them our tranny to get the rebuilt one back?

Don
hey don you could contact them and ask if they would sell you the parts only. i just worked on a deal for whole transmissions.

tommy