Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hesitation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Dec 2004, 01:29 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Hesitation

Just developed a hesitation when going through the gears ( third and fourth gears). Doesn't always happen and never happens when I am really getting on it. My GT has a little over 38,000 miles and sill has factory wires. I'm thinking maybe it's the wires. Plugs were changed at 30,000 miles. If you all think it is probably the wires are Magnecor wires good? 8 mm or 8.8 mm? Crane? MSD?
Old 29 Dec 2004, 02:42 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

I love my Crane Firewires. The box states it has only 25 ohms per feet. Maybe you should give them a try. Race and Street only has them for $49 regular price.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 29 Dec 2004, 02:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I would do the plugs as well, gapped at 0.042. Only a few bucks more.
I think any of the wires you listed would be fine - all better than stock.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 30 Dec 2004, 09:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

I would do the plugs as well, gapped at 0.042. Only a few bucks more.
I think any of the wires you listed would be fine - all better than stock.
Mean Green's plugs are already gapped at .040. As a matter of fact, he advised me to regap them to .040. But of course Don is right. [|)] I'd change the wires and check or change the new plugs. And yes, all these wires are good, and better than stock. The Crane Firewires and regapping the plugs definately gave me the biggest bang for a measly $40 I paid for them. [8]
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

Old 30 Dec 2004, 11:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'm just here to add my confirming experience to what the others are saying. I chose the Magnecors and just regapped my stock plugs to .042 as they only had about 7500 miles on 'em when I did this. I love the setup and think it's a great bang for the buck mod. Sounds like the Crane Firewires are every bit as much fun!
Old 31 Dec 2004, 03:28 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange

I'm just here to add my confirming experience to what the others are saying. I chose the Magnecors and just regapped my stock plugs to .042 as they only had about 7500 miles on 'em when I did this. I love the setup and think it's a great bang for the buck mod. Sounds like the Crane Firewires are every bit as much fun!
I agree on the great bang for the buck mod statement! Mean Green go for it! Get a set of Firewires or Magnecors and have some fun! [8)][?]

Old 31 Dec 2004, 08:42 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Pulled the spark plug wires off and put them back on and I rarely get the hesitation now. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the cheap factory wires. Problem will be solved as today I ordered Magnecor 8.5 mm wires in red from Modern Performance. Thanks for all of your great comments. [?]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic