Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
did you here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jan 2005, 06:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default did you here

amx is no longer making the uppipe for the GT, ,he said it does nothing for performance so he isn't making any more.
i got mine and if it doesn't do anything for performance, boy does it look damn good. thanks for mine.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 11:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yeah, after all this time I was sort of surprised to hear him say it doesn't do any good - I thought he was pushing the MPG and power increase pretty heavily. You're right though, damn good looking piece. Nicely built too.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 11:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Dual tips dont make the car perform any better but companies are still making them for us!

Besides, it was apparently sufficient enough for people to "feel" the difference.

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 11 Jan 2005, 03:30 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quoteual tips dont make the car perform any better but companies are still making them for us!
Sure they do - they sound better, look better, let twice as much exhaust through.......oh, who am I kidding? I threw $$$ at 'em big time and I'm glad I did!

Nope, couldn't feel a darn bit of difference, and I didn't expect to either. But they're all shiny and give the car a balanced look. Plus they make a cool vroom vroom sound that makes me smile
Old 11 Jan 2005, 03:52 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 03baggedturbo

Yes I also remember for all that time Jim saying how he didnt have to do any dyno's.. it was just faster!!!!

Guess it is not faster now?

ps.. after almost 2 years I am finally trying to put up my first picture.. lets see if it works..

Adam
www.prototypepower.com
Old 11 Jan 2005, 05:04 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 03baggedturbo

Yes I also remember for all that time Jim saying how he didnt have to do any dyno's.. it was just faster!!!!

Guess it is not faster now?

ps.. after almost 2 years I am finally trying to put up my first picture.. lets see if it works..

Adam
www.prototypepower.com
Nice pic Adam. [?] Never thought my turbo up pipe offered that much in performance. I just like the sound of the turbo whine when I go through the gears and my HKS bov is louder.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 11 Jan 2005, 01:02 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 03baggedturbo
...after almost 2 years I am finally trying to put up my first picture.. lets see if it works...Adam
www.prototypepower.com
It worked and the picture looks great. [8D] Congrats! [^]
Old 11 Jan 2005, 10:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

just for your information the intake (amx1397ttab intake) does work and does give better mpg.
AMX is still making it. It is the uppipe that he is not making any more because his or any one else's does not give hp. if you think it does then buy adam's.
Mike in orange you of all people know the amx intake works and that the up pipe whoever makes it does not make hp.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 11:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Course it'll work...it's a metal pipe with no restrictions. To me, why should it increase fuel economy? Computer controls fuel and air delivery anyway. It's nice for looks tho. I have the UCP, but am waiting to install it when it is warmer.
I know there is some sorta rift with Jim and this website...it's a product and it's old news so no one needs to get huffy. I have one too and I put in on on occassion.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 12 Jan 2005, 01:09 am
Veteran Cruiser

Sorry, Jim is wrong for whatever reason he has. Maybe it has something to do with their dispute. I have Adam's VAK ucp and it made a big difference. I've had it on, off and on again and it made a big difference. Don't know about the hp claims but my GT pulls harder and boost is held longer. Had hyracer in my GT and we both have stage 1 and he was amazed at how much harder my GT pulled than his.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic