Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
wet nitrous kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jan 2005, 05:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default wet nitrous kit

Hi new to the board, have 2003 2.4l gt turbo, mods include borla dual exhaust, good hood functional intake hood, ebiach lowering spings, turbo blow off valve, cryo 2 kit for inter cooler, k&n intake system and other mods. My question is the following: i have stage one installed and adding wet nitrous kit this week, i have heard that you need to use certain spark plugs when using nitrous kit. Can any one shed any info on this. Thanks form Canada
Old 16 Jan 2005, 06:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

Welcome! I'd get it straight from the horse's mouth. Spend the money and make a cal to the nitrous maker. They should be able to tell you that, and may have other answers to questions you don't even have yet.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 17 Jan 2005, 01:46 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to hoopdiewagon

whenever you run nitrous, you need to use colder plugs. I used iridium plugs when I had my nitrous kit. NGK and Denso make some good ones.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 01:48 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to hoopdiewagon

whenever you run nitrous, you need to use colder plugs. I used iridium plugs when I had my nitrous kit. NGK and Denso make some good ones...if I remember right, the Denso plug number you are looking for are the IK20s
Old 17 Jan 2005, 04:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info, called Zex were i got the nitrous kit from and they helped me out, they have high performance plugs for the wet nitous kit for the pt turbo. I was happy to get home to see my order from pt-tuning had arrived, ordered the polished alloy shock tower and the 2.5"turbo matched down pipe. will let you know how the install goes, everything is being installed this thursday.[8D][?]
Old 17 Jan 2005, 05:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Blonde

what kind of shot are you going to do? 150?

Now with stage 1

Just a GT... Thats tearin\' arse on the driveway.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/themanfrmokinawa

14.626 @ 94.74
stage 0 , intake and exhaust only.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 06:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Going with the 75 shot for now, then will see what it does at the track.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 08:10 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

Dont forget that the auto tranny will only hold 300 hp. Let us know what your times are though.

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 19 Jan 2005, 09:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Check with MX5 over at PTE. He's installed a few kits on n/a PT's and has on own his own PT. I think he my have installed at58 kit on his GT. Maybe he will chime in later on [:I]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 21 Jan 2005, 07:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

well did the install of the wet zex nitrous kit yesterday and every thing went good and easy. Instalation took about 2 hours and only had one minor problem in mounting the bottle in the back of the car. After talking with a couple of people on here and my mechanic i decided to go with the 55 shot of nitrous, due to the fact that with satge 1 also in the car, i would have to watch the tranny for to much horse power over 300. Now the question i have since i have both satge 1 and nitrousdo i still gap the spark plugs or not. If any one get help with this it would be helpfull. I will post pics early this weekend if everthing goes well. Thanks for your help Jasper.[8)]