Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Upper Torque Strut Installed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2005, 04:51 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Upper Torque Strut Installed

I installed my Deyeme Racing upper torque strut today. hyracer was right when he said it would eliminate 90% of wheel hop. I have a little wheel hop and some tire spin. I believe the tire spin is reduced because of the Toyo Proxes 4 tires. If I had the factory Goodyears there would be a lot more spin. There is a slight vibration inside the cab while sitting there idyling that I don't feel was there before but it's nothing that is annoying. There's more vibration while driving but I'm running Toyo 40 series tires so I feel more road vibration anyways. The exhaust seems to have developed a deeper note. Could be my imagination but I don't think so. The sound of the engine seems a bit more rowdy. Overall I am very happy with this mod. It's nice to know that if I want to get on it in 1st gear I don't have to worry about hopping down the street like a crazed rabbit.

Old 24 Jan 2005, 12:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Interesting. Need more info though. What does the kit consist of and what about the install. Any problems w/ clearence, etc? How much did they cost?