PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Forge BOV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2005, 11:23 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer
Default Forge BOV

Anyone use or have experience with this BOV? I was planning on just using the Mopar BOV, but I know it leaks if you pump up the boost. I seriously don't want to spend $300 on an aftermarket BOV. Experience? Opinions? Suggestions?

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/vehic...uct=FMDVNEON01

http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=2144&
Old 31 Jan 2005, 02:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

I had one in my Pt. i got the chrome one. It is way louder then the mopar and better. You can change the internal spring to keep it from leaking if you raise your boost level. It also dumps to atmospere rather then back in like the mpoar one. it also come in red and blue.

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 31 Jan 2005, 02:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Cool! I guess that's one of my next mods! Too bad you still don't have it; I would've brought it off of you!
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 31 Jan 2005, 07:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

The Mopar BOV releases to the atmosphere also.
The stock valve re-circulates the air back into the intake track, that's why it's so quiet.
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 01 Feb 2005, 02:06 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

OurPTGT is right. The Mopar one does blow into the atmosphere. The surge valve rather, with the mopar BOV plate put in, is controlled by the computer and the solenoids. The forge is controlled by actual pressure if I am not mistaken. Correct me if I am wrong, dfunkdj, about the forge.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"
Old 01 Feb 2005, 03:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

no the forge one is controled by pcm as well as the stock one. the forge bov bolts right up to the stock spot and use the stock vacum hose. It is louder then the mopar performance bov. All you get with th mopar one is a spacer plate for $70.00 the forge is a complete new BOV that bolts right up and has a changeble spring inside for higher PSI. But you will have fun trying to get the bolt back in behind the oil line !!!!! I wouls sell it to you but one of our club member bought as soon as i took it off. I had a new pipe installed and greddy valve on one weekend. I had the forge in my pt at the next weekend show and they bought it there. just tell forge the guy witht orange pt sent you.

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 02 Feb 2005, 03:23 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

It's louder than the Mopar one? Holy crap. Time to hit up eBay and do a search on srt-4 forge. Since no one will list it for the PT's. I may have a Mopar BOV for sale. I have Stage 1 so it kinda turned my bov into a sequential bov at low boost levels. I wonder how much the forge would change this.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"
Old 02 Feb 2005, 03:46 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Between $130 and $140. Comes in natural, black, red, or blue. VEry nice looking. Saw a vid of a srt-4 running with a forge bov, and it sounded great even over the srt-4's aftermarket louder exhaust.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior