Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
ATR Exhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2003, 06:47 am
Young Cruiser

Default ATR Exhaust

I am getting ready to order an ATR cat back for my PT GT. But before I did I wanted to check and see if anyone else has this system. I have seen their systems on an Impala SS and it is first rate but it does have some drone in the mid RPM range. Thanks,

Edited by - PT GT on 04/17/2003 07:20:06
Old 17 Apr 2003, 11:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Haven't heard one on the PT, but it was the best one for the 98-2002 F-Body (Camaro/Firebird). Wasn't as flashy as other systems, but the sound was awesome and flowed like an open exhaust (compared to a cut out on the dyno) without rasp/popping like borla's. No drone on my '99 Trans Am. Pitbull mufflers tend to be low frequency.

PT Cruiser version looks much nicer than my old one.

------------------------
2003 PTCruiser GT
Mods:!Airbox silencers
Old 18 Apr 2003, 11:19 am
Cool Cruiser

There are two versions of the ATR system for the ImpalaSS. A dual and a quad muffler system. The quad eliminates the drone, but is pricy. Both are great systems as far as quality. You get what you pay for.

Black '03 PT Turbo
Black '94 Impala SS
Old 23 Apr 2003, 03:27 pm
Young Cruiser

Went to order my ATR system and the turnaround is 4 to 6 weeks. Looks like I will check into another system. Not to many 2 1/2" T304 stainless systems out there.

Don
2003 PT GT

Edited by - PT GT on 04/23/2003 14:28:40
Old 31 Dec 2003, 01:18 am
Cool Cruiser

Any more info out there on this exhaust system. This might work well with ED down pipe/CAT? Has anyone put this on there pt? I really want a single exit 2.5" turbo back bolt on system. Santa did not bring one and I just do not feel like fabing it my self.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 08:27 am
Cool Cruiser

ptgtcb,
Borla has a single exit with twin tailpipes (for the Turbo GT) but I saw a post recently where the poster stated Borla's 2.5" cat-back system he purchased measured 2.375". I haven't called Borla to verify that.

Deen
GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 10:07 am
Regular Cruiser

I'd like to second the request for more info. Although not currently in the need-it-right-now market for a new exhaust, ATR is the only company I've really been looking at based on what I've read in here about Borla and BTG (and the other more minor players). If I don't go the custom-dustom 2.5" hi-flow cat, resonator(s) only route, ATR looks like it would certainly be the one I'd go with.

But yeah, I'd definitely be interested in some first-hand info with it as well.

Thanks,

2003 Patriot Blue GT
\"R\" Package
Autostick
K&N drop-in w/both airbox silencers removed
Brand \"X\" Turbo-up pipe
Old 31 Dec 2003, 02:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hyracer

ptgtcb,
Borla has a single exit with twin tailpipes (for the Turbo GT) but I saw a post recently where the poster stated Borla's 2.5" cat-back system he purchased measured 2.375". I haven't called Borla to verify that.

Deen
Yea, but it does not fit the stock cut out and I like the stock single outlet look. I don't believe it is striaght through either. I really want a turbo back system.

Did exhaust depot decide not to build an exhaust for the PT? I know he had asked what we wanted but I have not seen any posts since and it sounded exactly like what I want?
Thanks
Old 01 Jan 2004, 07:57 am
Cool Cruiser

I did call Borla's Tech department and they said their 2.5" exhaust is measured on the outside diameter (so the I.D. is 2.375"). Now I'll have to go out and measure the O.D. of the factory exhaust system to see what it measures at as Chrysler claims it's a 2.25" diameter. Borla makes both dual exhaust and the single as I stated above.
BTW, I asked the Tech if Borla was the supplier for the Mopar cat-back exhaust system and he said "Yes".

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 08:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

So, what's the best system? ATR? How wide is the BTG (ID)?

I want to chanhe my BTG for a Mopar, but not if it's just a .125" difference.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715